Sunday, December 4, 2022

Fleece Navidad Card

I love a good pun, and this Baah Humbug set from Lawn Fawn has several cute ones! For this card, I stamped one of the sheep from the set and added several accessory stamps for him: the knitting needles and yarn, the ball of yarn on the bottom, and the little line of yarn to connect the knitting to the yarn ball. I wanted to follow the color challenge and sketch challenge over at MFT Stamps, so I used 2 shades of pink, blue, and green for the colors on the card. I die cut some blue card stock for the sky behind my little sheep, and then I die cut some green card stock using the same die to make the grass he's on. I then fussy cut some wavy lines out of the green card stock and made three layers of grass behind my little sheep. I fussy cut the sheep and the yarn ball and popped the yarn ball up using foam tape. I stamped the sentiment and cut it out to fit on the small rectangle at the top. The light pink rectangle is cut out of flocked card stock, so it has a fuzziness to it that I thought worked well with this card. I embossed the darker pink mat with a Richard Garay EF called "Knitted Pattern." The sheep and the yarn were colored with Copics and Chameleon markers. 

  


Challenges I'm entering:



As You Like It Challenge: Favorite non-traditional Christmas animal and why: I love sheep as a non-traditional Christmas animal because there are so many great puns you can use for them, and because they lend themselves well to winter-themes such as warm clothes made out of wool. So fun! Plus they are really cute!

TIME OUT Challenges: Winter/holiday season C5

No more challenges

1 comment:

  1. This is a particularly cute little sheep, Carrie! I love your embossed "knitting", so perfect. Thank you so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete