Saturday, December 17, 2022

Joy Double Lever Card

I really enjoy making fun fold cards, and this double lever card has a great "wow!" factor. The card design is from a file by Lori Whitlock that I purchased in the Silhouette Design Store. I watched Lori's video about how to put the card together and then chose all my card stock and cut it out using my Silhouette Cameo 4. Once I had all the pieces cut out, I assembled my prototype card and then cut out enough pieces to make this card in a card class I recently held for a friend and her 2 daughters. The girls are in 6th and 8th grade and did a wonderful job with the 5 Christmas-themed projects we made together. They especially liked this one and the shaker card we made together. 

In hindsight, I wish I had chosen solid colors for the squares, scalloped pieces, tree, and letters because I think the card is a little too busy with all the patterns, so I will try to remember that the next time I make this card. I think this design would work for any occasion as I can see myself using different stamps for the inner panels rather than letters to spell something out. 




Top View:


View of the back:


My prototype (in front) along with the cards I made as samples for the class:




 Challenges I'm entering:

Cut It Up (cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com): Christmas Projects (1/1; ends Dec. 28)



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com) (2/8; ends Dec. 31) Rising Star Choice for December Week 2


Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends Jan. 13)

InspirationStation (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The Christmas theme in the picture inspired this Christmas-themed card (ends 12/18; unlimited entries)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; ends Dec. 21)




Songs and Rhymes challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-sunday.blogspot.com): The part of the song/rhyme that inspired me is: So, this is Christmas morning. My card is a celebration of the joy of Christmas. (1/3; ends Dec. 24)

Outlawz Challenges: Monthly linky


The Crafting Challenge: Christmas (2/3; ends Dec. 31)

Creative Crafting Uncles: Christmas (2/3; ends Jan. 14)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Playing along with Thing 1: ATG this time (3/4; ends Dec. 28)

Dream Valley Challenges: Christmas (3/3; ends Jan. 10)


The Paper Shelter: Celebrations (2/2; ends Dec. 21)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG (1/6; ends Jan. 1)


Country View Challenges: Christmas (ends at the end of the month)


The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Christmas or Winter plus die cuts (4/4; ends Dec. 30)

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Christmas and/or movement (2/5; ends Jan. 8)


As You Like It Challenge: ATG Christmas (2/3; ends Jan. 11)


Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (unlimited entries; ends Dec. 26)

Crafty Friends Challenge Blog: Traditional Christmas Colors (3/5; ends Dec. 29) Top 5 Pick 1/1/23

22 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Such a great design, and I love that you used it as part of your class. Really versatile too, for a card for any occasion, to get that wow factor. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great design! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic job you did with this fold. I love it and must give it a try soon. Thanks for playing along in The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    **Coming 15 January - The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific design with so many elements- love it! Thanks for sharing with us at both Double Trouble and HLS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card! Thank you for your participation at our challenge!
    Iza Dt TPS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, that design is so interesting, and I agree, could be used for any occasion. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this "takes the cake" as my mama would say! Beautiful, well made and such detail. Love the papers and the design is awesome! Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog. Smiles, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fold card!
    Thank you for joining in at Festive Fridays Challenge!
    Val - DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Carrie your card is amazing, I love it!! Thank yu for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy or not, I love the card! So glad you could join us this month at Die Cut Divas for some die cutting and Winter or Christmas themed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an amazing and creative card, Carrie! I am very glad that you joined our 12th birthday hop on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Best of luck to you. Have a lovely day and Happy Holidays.Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for paying along with the Paper Funday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie, I love this fun fold! I agree with you about using solid cardstock instead of the patterned paper. Thank you for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, a lot of cards and/or samples to share of your folds. Looks like a lot of work. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work, Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes and Monday Greetings, Creative Fingers, The Paper Shelter and 12 months of Christmas cards link up. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous cards!! Love the pretty card fold and the pretty papers you used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm popping back by to say Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I am in awe. I always get in such a pickle trying to make these. Hats off to you, it's fab!
    Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing fun fold card. Any recipient would be "WOW"d by this creation. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our "Tis the Season" challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card. The design is amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at the Ayli challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete