Thursday, December 22, 2022

Friends of The Library Thank You Cards

I'm part of a local Friends of the Library group, and our group recently held a Christmas bake sale to raise money for the library. I'm in charge of thank you cards for our volunteers, and I now have the perfect stamps and dies for Friends of the Library thank you cards! I won the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero challenge last month and used my prize of a $50 gift card to Hero Arts to purchase some wonderful book-related stamps and dies. Hero Arts has a wonderful collection of book-related stamps and dies that go so well together. Thanks, Hero Arts, for the generous gift! I couldn't believe how quickly I received the gift certificate and then how fast my order arrived! It was perfect timing for these book-themed thank you cards! If you'd like to participate in the monthly Stay Craft challenges for a chance at a $50 gift certificate to Hero Arts, click the link below.

The first card I made is a shaker card using the Hero Arts Book Window Fancy Die to create the window for my shaker elements. Thank you, Kanan Pandya on the Hero Arts DT for the inspiration to create a shaker card with this die! I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts' Literally the Best stamp set onto a green card stock circle and adhered that to the top panel of the card base. Then I die cut some acetate and adhered it to the back of the red panel with the books. I used 2 layers of foam tape to create the shaker window and added lots of glitter, beads, and Christmas elements from a Hobby Lobby set (penguins, Santas, Santa hats, Christmas trees, gingerbread men, etc.). 

The shaker card is going to the volunteer who set up the tables for us and organized all the donations onto the tables. The rest of the volunteers who donated baked goods and crafts received a variation on this card that I've shown in the pictures below. For their cards, I adhered the red panel directly to the front of the white card base and then die cut them both together to make a window for the sentiment that I adhered to the inside of the card. I included a note with each card that uses the Hero Arts Stacked Books Fancy Die and another stamp from their Literally the Best stamp set. I used red and green card stock since these were for a Christmas bake sale, but how darling would these dies be on white paper with all the books colored in bright colors?! I'm sure I will find out soon as I plan to use these stamps and dies a lot! I also bought the Peek-A-Boo Books Fancy Die, the Bookworm Messages stamp set, and the Library Card Stamp & Cut die and stamp set, so you'll be seeing a lot of book-themed projects on my blog in 2023!😀



Close up of the shaker window: 



Cards with the sentiment on the inside and the window cut out from the front panel:


Notecard I created for the thank you message:



Challenges I'm entering:

Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: December Challenge | Hero Arts: Shake it Up (create a shaker) (Ends Jan. 1)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for this week; ends Jan. 4)


Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes with Dies



Dragonfly Dreams (dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG but Christmas (3/3; ends Dec. 31)

5 comments:

  1. You are such a talented, creative and thoughtful crafter. What an AWESOME gift for these special people in your life. That's how you show God's love...by just being supportive and letting people know that they are appreciated. I'm SO grateful for you, my friend. Thanks for sharing your talents so faithfully with us at Word Art Wednesday. It always means a lot to me, and I pray that you are blessed in return. Have a wonderful CHRISTmas.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect card with the book wreath! I know this will bring a smile to their faces throughout the holiday season! Wonderful sentiment, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever to use this die for a shaker! Thanks so much for joining in with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was great timing, Carrie. Your creations are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete