Saturday, December 17, 2022

Lawn Fawn Get Well Soon Card

My husband's aunt recently had surgery, and she's had a lot of health issues the past few months. I'm hoping this get well card featuring Lawn Fawn's On the Mend stamp set and coordinating dies will boost her spirits. I chose the yellow, pink, and purple colors because I think they are cheerful colors.

I recently bought some ink blending brushes and absolutely love them! I had been using sponge daubers, but the sponge material was starting to wear off, so I thought I would try brushes. They work so much better! I planned to use them for stencils, but I have been watching some YouTube videos about creating backgrounds with inks, and I gave that a try on this card. I created a yellow, pink, and purple background for my die cut elements by using the brushes with various inks. 

I tried out something else I saw in a Youtube video: cutting out my die cuts before stamping them and then placing the sheet I had die cut into my MISTI on a sticky mat (a Tim Holtz product designed to hold dies, but I used it to hold my paper in place). Then I placed my stamps to fit in the holes in the die cut sheet (see below) and then die cut several batches of die cuts from this set and stamped them by placing the die cuts in the holes they fit in from the original sheet I cut out and then stamping them. It made quick work of seven sets of die cuts. I send a lot of get well cards, so I know they will be handy to have on hand already die cut and stamped. 

I finished the card by coloring my die cuts with Copic and Chameleon alcohol markers and adhering some with glue and some with foam tape to give them dimension. 
Step one: place the sheet I had used to die cut the elements onto a sticky mat and place inside the MISTI. Place the stamps in the negative space to align them:
Add the die cuts to the negative space:

Stamp the die cuts and then peel them off the sticky mat leaving the paper with the negatives on the sticky mat for the next round:


Stamp away!😀
Challenges I'm entering:

Challenges | Lawn Fawnatics: Sketch Challenge


Twisted Thursday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com): Unlimited entries; ends Jan. 11

Challenge – Dare 2B Artzy Blog: CAS (2/3; ends Dec. 31)



We Love Stamping: I love making cards to cheer people up and give them some encouragement


Passion for Markers (promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com): Use die cuts (unlimited entries; ends Jan. 2)

Crafty Calendar Challenge: ATG (3/3; ends Dec. 27) I would love to win another Lawn Fawn gift certificate!

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card sure to lift the spirits of someone a bit under the weather! What a great idea to have the tissues and flowers with the soup! Thanks for sharing with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used and the inky glow behind the different images! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super sweet and such a GREAT take on the sketch!!! Someone is going to feel much better (-: !!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at LawnFawnatics! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a perfect Get Well Card and these images are just fab! Love the inky background you've created for them too! Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to get perfect stamping on die cuts! And I love your simple, adorable card! I'm sure the recipient will love it as well! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your get well card!! Thanks for playing along at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete