Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Curved Pop Up Halloween Card

I know it may seem early for Halloween cards, but since I needed to create 170 of them, I started early this year! I chose a card design by Lori Whitlock called A2 Curved Pop Up Card and modified it to be a Halloween card (hers was a floral-themed Mother's Day card). I used some Halloween fireworks card stock for the background and then created a print and cut sentiment for the front using Fresh Mix font. I chose some coordinating card stock patterns for the bendy mechanisms and sized up 4 donuts from a full color Halloween treat font to create my focal point. I did a print and cut of the donuts and adhered them to the inner pop up mechanism using Art Glitter liquid glue. 

For the back of the card, I used a fun "Eat, Drink, and be Scary" sentiment from the Silhouette Design store. For the envelope, I used another file from the Silhouette Design Store and printed it on my envelopes. I don't care for candy corn, but I couldn't resist that fun sentiment!

A look at the front of the card:


Back of the card:


Envelope:


Close up of the sentiment on the envelope:


Side views:








Challenges I'm entering: 

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite non-birthday celebration and why: I really love to create Halloween cards because there are so many cute ideas for Halloween, from Halloween treats like I used on this card to adorable animals all dressed up in costumes. Also, there are infinite possibilities for puns like I used in this card. (3/3; ends 6/28/23)


Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends 6/30/23)

Most Magical Time of the Year!: ATG Christmas or Halloween (ends 6/30/23)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing; Thing 3: entered Creative Creases Challenge  and Inspiration Station (1/4; ends 6/29)


Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Inspiration Photo: the black and orange colors remind me of Halloween, and the photo even looks a little spooky! (2/8; ends at the end of the month)


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 7/5/23)

June Mood Board Card Challenge (not2shabbyshop.com): The donuts on the mood board made me think of how cute Halloween donuts would be! I love the idea of using donuts in unique ways! (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges









 

23 comments:

  1. Really neat design, and love that Halloween fireworks paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super style of card and great sentiments. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, I think the sentiments on your fun fold are terrific. Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Creases AND Pammie's Inky Pinkies!
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bendi card - great Halloween card! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great fun card - love the play on words!

    Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design it's never too early for any kind of card making. Have fun with the other 169 you need to make!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cute card! Thanks for playing along with the Not 2 Shabby challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute Bendy Halloween card, Carrie! Yes, Halloween always has lots of adorable stamps for cards. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this and love the pop-up curved fun fold... it's never too early to do Halloween cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble, Creative Creases and Inspiration Station for additional chances at our random draw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Love those little donut faces AND the curve shows them off perfectly! Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases #60. Hope to see you for #61.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I'm back again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete