Friday, June 30, 2023

Gerda Steiner 4th of July Card

I like to participate in the monthly challenge over at Gerda Steiner Designs, and this adorable little patriotic mouse seemed perfect for this month's challenge with the 4th of July just around the corner!

I recently saw a step rocker card in a card challenge and looked up a template online. Then I created a cut file following the measurements in the template so I could create this rocker card base. I can flip it horizontally to put the steps on the other side of the card, also. It's fun to play around with files in my Silhouette Design Studio software.

I had some great red, white, and blue card stock for the card base, and some blue paper with white stars for the layer behind the digi stamp. I sized up the "Happy 4th Mouse" digi stamp (thanks, Gerda! He's darling!) and then did a print and cut of him. I colored him with Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol ink markers and then matted that panel to the blue one. I glued the panel to the steps on the rocker card and then stamped "Let Freedom Ring" from a retire Close to My Heart stamp set. I matted that panel onto a some red card stock and then added a patriotic truck sticker. 




Back of the card:


 Challenges I'm entering:

Share your Designs - Gerda Steiner Designs, LLC (gsd-stamps.com): ATG with a GSD image

Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges: Anything Flies (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends July 14)

Through The Purple Haze Challenges: ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends July 7)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends July 4)

The Paper Shelter: Furry Friends (1/2; ends 7/5/23)

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and fantastic design!
    Thank you for joining with Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge.
    Good luck with your entry.
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete