Friday, June 30, 2023

Polkadoodles 4th of July Step Rocker Card

I recently won a few lovely Polkadoodles digis, and when I mentioned to Nikky Hall (the owner of Polkadoodles) that I have a daughter in the Navy and was looking forward to using her adorable Bob the Dog in a Boat digi stamp for her, Nikky mentioned I should pick up the free USA 4th July Celebration - Free digital download bundle - Polkadoodles Ltd. It shows up as free once you add it to the cart, so if you are looking for some great patriotic papers, toppers, and the digi stamp I used in my card below, follow the link above. Thanks so much, Nikky! Note: I used precolored version of the digi stamp. Someone complimented my coloring of the digi, and I realized I hadn't mentioned I didn't color the digi myself. Trust me, Nikky did a way better job than I ever could have when she colored this digi, but there's also an uncolored black and white version included in the set so you can color it yourself if you'd like. 

For the card base, I used a cut file I had created based on a template from Craft World. I printed out the template and measured all the elements so I could create a cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio software. That made making a set of these cards for the shut ins I mail a card to each week so easy! 

I pulled out my patriotic card stock and made a few bases to start off. I flipped the card horizontally to see if I liked the steps on the other side of the card better and decided it didn't really matter! Both ways worked fine!

I sized up the Polkadoodles digi of the girl with the flag and then did an offset of her before making a print and cut with 5 of them to a sheet. They are so detailed and colorful! I love that the file comes with both a precolored digi (that's what I used here) and an uncolored one so I can color it up myself when I'm not making a set of them. 

I stamped the "4th of July" sentiment using a rubber stamp I've had forever. I matted the sentiment on card stock and adhered most of them with foam tape for dimension. Each card is a bit different from the others in how I decorated it, but all of them have the same digi stamp and the same "4th of July" sentiment. I found a page of 4th of July stickers, so I had fun using some of those to decorate the cards. 













Close up of the digi stamp:

 

A look at the back of one of the cards:


Inside the card:




The set of cards:

Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #60 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (ends July 7)

Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges: Anything Flies (5/5; ends at the end of the month)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends July 14)

Through The Purple Haze Challenges: ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends July 7)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (2/3; ends 7/7/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG (8/8; ends 6/30/23) Top Rocker Choice June 25-30

Dragonfly Dreams (dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com): Fancy Folds (ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month) Rising Star Choice June 26-30

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends July 4)

11 comments:

  1. Carrie, you are so talented. My poor Scan & Cut gets very little use. However, an upcoming challenge calls for me to use a cut file. I haven't even learned how to do digis easily yet so wish me luck and pray for my brain to grasp the mechanics of cut files!! Thank you for entering the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I'm sure your card will turn out great! I love all your beautiful projects!

      Delete
  2. These cards are perfect for the 4th of July, Carrie. Love all of the great details and the fun fold is really wonderful. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Debbie! I hope you had a fun time on your birthday yesterday!

      Delete
  3. Carrie, I've never seen a rocker card. Beautiful! The paper, the image, everything! Thank you for joining in for Creative Creases #60. Hope to see you again for #61.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rae! Rocker cards are easy and fun! I hope you give them a try sometime!

      Delete
  4. Wow, great rocker card. Love it. Thank you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge.

    Crafty hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This 4th of July rocker card is so creative and fabulous - love it. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Wendy! It was a precolored digi, so I can't take credit for how well it's colored though!

    ReplyDelete