Sunday, June 18, 2023

Father's Day Grill Card

My husband bought a Pit Boss smoker a couple years ago, and he loves it! He smokes just about everything on it: ribs, pork shoulder roast, chuck roast, steaks, chicken, ham, and even vegetables like asparagus, sweet corn, and brussels sprouts. My youngest daughter told him that men over 50 have to choose one of the following hobbies: smoking meats or the Civil War 😂. I guess I'm grateful my husband went with smoking meats because he's saved me a lot of time in the kitchen! Anyway, when I saw this darling grill box card from Lori Whitlock, I had to make it for DH for Father's Day! It didn't come with any sentiments, so I created a print and cut of "Happy Father's Day" for the front of the card and then purchased the "I'd smoke that" sentiment from the Silhouette Design Store and did a print and cut of that for the back of the card after sizing it up to fit the back of this card. It was pretty easy to assemble, and I think my husband will love it. 



Back of the card: 


 Challenges I'm entering: 

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #59 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (ends 6/23/23)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends 6/30/23)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge ... ATG (1/3; ends 6/25/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with option of the Good Old Summertime(5/8; ends at the end of the month)

Dragonfly Dreams: June Challenge - Fancy Folds (dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com): Fancy Folds (ends at the end of the  month) Top Pick 7/9/23

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Fun folds and/or summer plus a sentiment (4/5; ends at the end of the month)

{Cupcake Inspirations}: Father's Day/Masculine (2/3; ends 6/23/23)

fourseasons (thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com): Summer (ends at the end of the month)


Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Inspiration photo (I used the colors from the photo in my card: black, burgundy, yellow, and white) (1/8; ends at the end of the month)


simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Masculine (ends 6/19/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 6/21/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with optional twist of no squares (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Lots of layers (2/5; ends 6/21/23)

The Paper Shelter: Get outside (2/2; ends 6/21/23)

Crafty Gals Corner (craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com): Fancy Folds for Dad (1/3; ends 7/10/23)

Art Impressions Blog (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): Midnight Snack (2/2; ends 6/22/23)

As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Non-Birthday Occasion (& why): This year I've had so much fun making personalized Father's Day cards for my dad, my father-in-law, my son (it's his first year as a dad!), and my husband. I've been blessed to have so many great men in my life, and making Father's Day cards to celebrate them has been wonderful. (2/3; ends 6/28/23) Top 3 pick 6/29/23

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends 7/2/23)

Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges: Anything Flies (2/5; ends at the end of the month)

Allsorts challenge blog: ATG (1/3; ends 6/24/23)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 6/30/23) Top 3 Favorite 7/1/23



32 comments:

  1. A fun summer card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card design. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, summertime grilling card, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelterr #558 Get Outside
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is super fun, I love it has everything that you normally find in a grill and the sentiment on the other side is a great addition. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cute pop-up box card! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, you have been so busy creating cards and I thank you for entering them in the Creative Creases Challenge. I am crunched for time this week so I can't comment on each one you've entered. Good luck on being a pick!
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much for all your encouragement! Please don’t ever feel obligated to comment on all my cards!

      Delete
  8. What a a perfect Father's Day card for your husband, Carrie! I know he loved it! My husband doesn't like smoked anything but he does a great job on the grill. It sure does keep the kitchen cooler in the summer! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! And grilling is great, isn’t it? It keeps the kitchen cooler like you mentioned and also gives us more time to craft 😂!

      Delete
  9. This is super adorable, Carrie. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons and please join us again soon. I always enjoy seeing your wonderful art and I hope you have so much fun creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card, perfect for Fathers Day! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Thanks for joining the Art Impressions challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! I love box cards and turning it into a grill is such a clever idea. That sentiment is perfect too. This is awesome! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you made this folded card into a great grill for fathers day - so creative!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the interactive card design. Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Have a crafty day!

    Revati DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable Carrie! We love your entries in our challenge at 613 Avenue Create! Stop by any time!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a creative card! Love how detailed it is! Thank you for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge!

    ReplyDelete