Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Fishing Vest Father's Day Card

My father-in-law and son both love to fish, so when I saw this free fishing vest card SVG file over at Dreaming Tree, I knew what card I would be making for both of them for Father's Day this year! If you have any anglers you'd like to make a card for, here's the link to the free SVG file: Fishing Vest Gift Card Holder Premium SVG File for Cricut, Silhouette CAMEO, ScanNCut - SVG Files For Cricut and Silhouette - 3DSVG.com.

After choosing my olive and tan papers and cutting out all the little elements using my Silhouette Cameo 4, I inked the edges of the tan elements to give them a weathered look and used a fine tip black marker to trace all the lines of stitching. Then I adhered the pockets using foam tape to give them some dimension. The inside can hold a gift card, so for my son's card, I added one to his favorite store: Amazon😁! Then I stamped the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment onto the back. For my father-in-law's card, I added the sentiment to the middle of the card and covered the gift card tabs that way since instead of a gift card, he'll be getting whatever tool my husband picks out for him this year. I made a few extras of this card design to donate to a fundraiser at my local library, too, because it's  just so darling. 





The sentiment can go inside: 


Or on the back of the card:




Close up of the stitching and distressing:


Challenges I'm entering:
 

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #59 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (ends June 23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Masculine (2/5; ends 6/19/23)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends 6/14/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends June 21)

TIME OUT Challengesspor·tive1/ˈspôrdiv/adjective

  1. 1.
    playful; lighthearted.
    "Sir John was in sportive mood"
    Similar:
    playful
    lively
    full of fun
    fun-loving
    high-spirited
    spirited
    in high spirits
    jolly
    merry
    lighthearted
    blithe
    gleeful
    frisky
    exuberant
    perky
    skittish
    sprightly
    coltish
    jaunty
    prankish
    frolicking
    romping
    capering
    full of beans
    frolicky
    frolicsome
    gamesome
    blithesome
    frolic
    wanton
    ludic
    Opposite:
    solemn
    staid
  2. 2.
    relating to, interested in, or good at sport.
    "Britain's architectural and sportive heritage" 
  3. (Fishing is a wonderful outdoor sport!) 5C

No more challenges

10 comments:

  1. A fishing vest card? That is SO creative! I don't have any avid fishermen in my family and I wish I did now - such a wonderful card for one. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! I just love it when I find a card design that suits someone so well! I really think my son and father-in-law are going to love these cards!

      Delete
  2. OMGoodness I just love your fathers day card and matching gift card, I'm sure your Dad will love them.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week we hope you will join us again
    Happy crafting
    Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Carrie! This card is fantastic. I only wish I had someone to send it to, then I'd make it too. Your anglers will LOVE it. It's absolutely perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Such a wonderful card, Carrie!! Love it totally.. Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for the fisherman in the family. Carrie, your inking is perfect. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #59. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae, I appreciate all the kind words on my blog! You are such an encouragement to me!

      Delete