Thursday, June 29, 2023

Happy Graduation Hero Arts Card

This month over at the Stay Crafty With A Blog Named Hero Challenge, the theme is "Sentimental Journey." I chose to create a background doing some ink blending with 4 Simon Hurley inks on a white panel. Then I covered the ink-blended panel with Hero Arts' Daisy Mosaic stencil and used Simon Hurley's Prom Queen colored Lunar paste over the stencil. Then I adhered that panel to a yellow panel and then added that to a top-fold A2 card base I created using blue card stock. You can't really tell from the photo, but the lunar paste adds some great texture and shine to the card. 

You can't really tell from the picture, but the lunar paste adds great texture and shine to the card. 
For the sentiment, I used the "Happy" die and the "graduation" stamp from Hero Arts' Congrats & Happy stamp and die set. 




 Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero: June 2023 Challenge | Hero Arts: Sentimental Journey (ends 7/2/23) 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 7/5/23)


Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with a stencil (I used Hero Arts Daisy Mosaic stencil) (ends at the end of the  month)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite: Plain or patterned paper? I love both, but plain paper can be fun because I can create my own pattern on it like I've done here using a stencil and lunar paste (2/3; ends 7/13/23)

Through The Purple Haze Challenges: Use buttons and/or flowers (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: ATG Thing 3: Entered with Crafting Happiness challenge

Crafting Happiness Challenges: ATG (ends 6/30/23)


Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (3/3; ends 7/7/23) third entry since I used a Polkadoodles digi in my second entry



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blending of colors and the sparkle shows and I'm sure it is even more beautiful in person showing the dimension of the stenciling with lunar paste. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness for additional chances at our random draw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ink blending, Carrie! Love the pretty colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #141. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, what a lovely effect your lunar paste created on your blended background! I love your choice of red to contrast with the colors you used!! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete