Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Penguin Palace Color Challenge 1

I recently found out that Penguin Palace hosts a monthly challenge, and this month it's a color challenge. I won a gift certificate there last week for commenting on their new release blog posts, and along with purchasing the stencils from their summer release, I also purchased this darling "Adventure in Australia" digital stamp set. It was perfect for making a few last-minute cards to join in the challenge with!

I started by sizing up the digital stamp and doing a print and cut of it with my Silhouette Cameo 4. Then I colored the digi with the light brown, gray, and different shades of blue in the challenge. To created the bottom of the card, I used the "Waterspout" stencil from PP's Stencil 360 collection, and I inked it in the various shades for the color challenge and moved it around to fill in different areas. 



Challenges I'm entering:
ppstampschallenge.blog: Color challenge: 
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 5/10 for the challenge; ends 7/5/23)


Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with stencils (I used the Penguin Palace Stencils 360 Waterspout stencil) (ends at the end of the month)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite: Plain or patterned paper? I love both, but plain paper can be fun because I can create my own pattern on it like I've done here using a stencil and digi stamps (3/3; ends 7/13/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Vacation (2/5; ends 7/3/23)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: ATG Thing 3: entered Crafting Happiness challenge (3/4; ends 6/30/23)

Crafting Happiness Challenges: ATG (ends 6/30/23) Top Pick 7/1/23

Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges: Anything Flies (4/5; ends at the end of the month)



Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG 3rd entry because I used a Polkadoodles digi stamp on my second entry) (3/3; ends 7/4/23)

13 comments:

  1. This is fab, I love the effect. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you created the water - very cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, very creative way to make the water! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorably cute image and your stenciling made the perfect water scene!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another adorable one, love how you used the stencil to create water! Thanks for playing along with the Penguin Palace challenge!! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, such a cute image and great blending of your blues, love the waterspout stenciling you used for your blue water. Fun and adorable card. Thanks again for sharing your projects with us at Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness for additional chances at our random draw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card Carrie! Great idea to use the waterspout for the ocean waves and this image is adorable! So happy you came to play with us at 613 The Avenue Create!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete