Friday, June 16, 2023

Sea-Themed Triangle Accordion Card

One of my best friends from high school recently treated me to brunch when I was down in my hometown visiting my parents, and I wanted to make her a special thank you card. My favorite cards to make are fun-fold cards, so I was excited when I came across this triangle accordion card on Iced Images' YouTube channel. I've linked her video here: ðŸ”´ 5" x 7" Triangle Accordion Pocket Card | Livestream - YouTube if you'd like to listen to her instructions. Her card featured a pocket on the inside, but since I didn't need a pocket for this card, instead I used pattern paper and then a stamped, embossed and die cut sea motif on the inside of the card. 

This is a 5X7 card with enough layers that I'm going to need to add additional postage for weight as well as the non-machinable fee since I used a lot of foam tape for dimension in various places. The clerks at my local post office know me pretty well by now as I stop in frequently 😄. 

Since I wanted to make an ocean-themed card, I decided to use my SU! Seashells 3D hybrid embossing folder and the stamp and die set that coordinates with it (Friends are Like Seashells is the name of the set), and I chose some ocean-themed papers I had purchased on clearance at Hobby Lobby awhile back. The paper pad has a number of really pretty coordinating papers, and some of them have metallic silver accents. I chose 3 different patterns for the different parts of the card and then chose cardstock to match the papers for the card base and matting layers. 

I created a print and cut for the "Sending oceans of thanks" sentiment using my Silhouette Design Studio software and the fonts Fresh Mix and Franklin Gothic. I then used stamps from Simon Hurley's Friendship Florals stamp set: "It's such a blessing to have you in my life," "Thanks for being such a great friend," and "You matter so much to me." I stamped and die cut several seashells and underwater plants from SU!'s Friends are Like Seashells stamp and die bundle to include on the triangles as embellishments. The stamped, embossed and die cut ocean scene on the inside of the card was colored using my Ohuhu Honolulu alcohol ink markers. I then added some silver, blue, and teal sequins throughout the card areas for some added sparkle. 


Card when closed:


It stands up easily:


First set of triangles:







Inside of the card:







Close up of the panel I stamped, embossed, die cut and colored with Ohuhu Honolulu markers:








Challenges I'm entering:

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite non-birthday occasion: I really enjoy making thank you cards and friendship cards because I love to let people know they are loved and appreciated. (1/3; ends 6/28/23)

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #59 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 6/23/23)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 6/30/23)


Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: create a summer project (the inspiration photo has some sand and a bucket, which makes me think of the beach, and this ocean-themed card goes with the beach theme. Plus I love to go to the beach in the summer!)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 5/10 for the challenge; ends June 21)


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with option of Good Old Summertime (ends at the end of the  month) Top Rocker for June 11-17 entries

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month) Rising Star pick June 12-18

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Fun fold and/or Summer (3/5; ends at the end of the month)


A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge:: ATG (unlimited entries, ends at the end of the month)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder (I used the SU! Seashells hybrid EF on the inside of this card) (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Stamping Sensations: Around the World with ATG option (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: CAS with ATG option (1/3; ends at the end of the month)


I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge Blog (ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com): ATG with option to add some sparkle (I added sequins and used paper with metallic accents) (1/3; ends 6/26/23)

The Paper Shelter: Get Outside (I hope the ocean counts😀) (1/2; ends 6/21/23)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Lots of layers (1/5; ends 6/21/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with optional twist: No squares allowed (1/6; ends at the end of the month) (1/6; ends at the end of the month)

fourseasons (thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com): ATG Summer (ends at the end of the month)

Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges: Anything Flies (1/5; ends at the end of the month) Top 3 Pick 7/6/23

Dragonfly Dreams (dragonflydreamschallenges.blogspot.com): Fancy Folds (ends at the end of the month)















 

34 comments:

  1. I love all the details on your card and that fold is terrific! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put together and with a wonderful fold too. It looks amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome fold! Love the colors too. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure and at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - such a cool fold and perfect with the sea theme. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cards both shape and combination of images, lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Carrie, this is a gorgeous sea world scenes on your fun fold card... so well put together. Love it all and thanks for sharing your Summer card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, I HAD to take the time to comment on this one!!! Iced Images has such wonderful fun folds, doesn't she?!!! I will be CASing your card in my card group. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Thank you for entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Iced Images is one of my favorite YouTubers for sure! Can’t wait to see your take on this design!

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous card, Carrie! My goodness, I don't know how you find the time to make all of these creative cards. Love how you used this bundle from SU. Pinning for later. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautifully created card, a great fancy fold too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure and Four Seasons!
    Diane CYHTP and FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, what a truly creative and fabulous card, Carrie. I've never seen one like it. So glad you joined our new challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Enjoy your day. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, Carrie. Iʻve never seen on like this before. I love all there is to look at too, beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card it really bring home that feeling of bright blue skies and sand and surf, The fancy fold is a pretty unique idea too
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week we hope you will join us again
    Happy crafting
    Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning fun fold card, Carrie! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an extraordinary form! I love it! Lovely colors you chose too.

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful shape and it works perfectly with your theme. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card and fold,love the beautiful papers and stamps.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely design and card shape. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete