Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Romans 13:14 Armoire Cards

This week's card for the shut ins from my church features an armoire-shaped card with the verse: "Clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ" from Romans 13:14. I transformed an armoire SVG into a shaped card and then designed doors for it to open. I embossed the doors using a woodgrain embossing folder and scored them so they would open up to display the verse inside.  I wanted to play along with the Time Out Challenge, so I added mirrors to the inside of the armoire doors to go with the mirrored tiers in the cart in the inspiration photo. 







TIME OUT Challenges: Photo inspiration: I was inspired by the mirrored tiers on the cart and added mirrors to the inside of the armoire doors. (3/5; ends June 7) C5


 As You Like It Challenge: Pastels or brights and why: I like bright colors like this navy blue when using metallic accents as they show up really well against the bright colors (2/3; ends June 15)

Creative Knockouts: Fun folds (ends June 8) C10


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends June 21)

No more challenges. 

14 comments:

  1. Here you go again, Carrie! This is such a creative fun fold card! Love the "armoire" and the mirrors on the doors are so cute! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Debbie! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment on all my entries!

      Delete
  2. Wow, so very creative and unique - love your design! So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts for our Fun Folds Challenge! (apologies for my late comment)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I love that you have Smurfette as your photo! I collected Smurfs when I was a kid!

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done Carrie. The recipients will cherish these. Thank you for playing with us for Creative Creases #58! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I have never seen anything like this. TFS at our CCC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always trying to do something a little out of the ordinary for my group of shut ins. Thanks for all your kind words on my posts, Karen!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing these super shaped cards with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special and beautiful shaped card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made unique card and I love it. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete