I'm so thrilled to be a Guest Designer for Altenew's August 2026 release! The Let's Scoot Layering Die Set was so fun to play with and easy to assemble with Altenew's keyhole layering die system.
I started by stenciling the background using Altenew's Stencil Art: Serene Landscapes Layering Stencil Set. I used the following Altenew inks: Whispering Woodland, Dessert Dreams, and Desert Night. Then I added the stars using Altenew's Antique Silver Shimmer Relief Paste. I decided I wanted more texture on the background, so I broke out my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers and did some pointillism in various shades to match the background colors.
For the scooter, I die cut a few pieces using metallic cardstock and die cut the rest using white cardstock. I ink blended inks from Altenew's Red Sunset ink collection and their Jet Black dye ink onto the pieces and assembled the scooter using the keyholes in the die cuts for guides.
I adhered the scooter to the path on the background using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape for dimension.
To finish the card, I stamped "Life is a beautiful ride" using Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Tranquil Trails set and Altenew's Obsidian Pigment Ink on a scrap of white cardstock. I ink blended some Desert Night ink onto a scrap of white cardstock and trimmed it to fit around the sentiment. I added the sentiment to the card with more of Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here:
Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful embossing folders, stencils, project kits, inks, and die sets and has weekly sales.
Challenges I'm entering:
Double Trouble Paper Crafting: Thing 1: 3 of something from my stash (ink colors) 2 of something from my stash (cardstocks: metallic and white) 1 of something from my stash (1 color of Shimmer Relief Paste) Thing 3: I used foam tape and also layering of my die cuts for this card
****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: ATG (1/3; ends 8/24/26)
As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Coloring Medium and Why: I love ink blending! I can add more color to certain parts of a stenciled area or a die cut for color variation, and I can use my large collection of inks to match just about any color I could desire. My sticky mats from Altenew make it easy to ink blend, too. (3/3; ends 8/26/26)
No more challenges.
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6: 22-26
Congratulations on your GD spot, Carrie. Super card, such a lovely, bright scene. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Thanks so much, Liz!
DeleteOMG what a fun card Carrie! Congrats on the GD Spot! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Four Seasons Co-Owner
Thank you very much, Darlene!
Delete