I had so much fun creating this card with an older Altenew set that is now retired. I don't tend to use my layering stamps much now that I have so many layering die sets and layering stencil sets, but this thank you card is for a friend who told me her favorite flower is yellow daisies. I pulled out my Altenew Build-A-Flower: Sunflower Daisies set and stamped the flowers with inks from Altenew's Golden Sunset ink collection. I used Altenew's Delectable Desserts inks for the flower centers. Once I had stamped them, I die cut them and then decided on my card design.
I started with a side-folding white A2 card base and adhered a piece of watercolor paper I painted with inks from Altenew's Whispering Woodland ink colleciton. I smooshed the ink onto a piece of acetate and added some water so I could paint with the it. I let it dry and then spritzed the panel with more water to give it some texture. After adhering the watercolored panel to the card front, I cut the card front on the diagonal using my paper trimmer. Then I added 3 of the stamped and die cut flowers along the diagonal. I stamped 3 sentiments from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: The Afternoon Spread project kit (coming out on September 2nd) and added some gems in matching tones.
For the inside of the card, I embossed an A2 panel of brown cardstock with Altenew's Daisies 3D embossing folder and then trimmed it to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches. I adhered it to the inside of the card, and it peeks out where the card front has been trimmed. I'll write my message to my friend on the back of the card.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection.
Creative Knockouts: Use your favorite embellishments (I love gems for embellishments to add some sparkle!) (1/3; ends 9/3/26) C10
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 9/10 for the challenge; ends 9/2/26)
Ellibelle's Corner: I spy with my little eye: Sunflowers or Something Yellow (5/5; ends 9/13/26)
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Alcohol ink and/or summer + a sentiment (5/5; ends 9/1/26)
Can You Handle The Pressure?: ATG with embossing folders (2/3; ends 9/9/26)
Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/4; ends 9/28/26)
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers (4/6; ends 9/12/26)
little red wagon: Anything Times Three (I have 3 sunflower daisies and 3 sentiments) (ends 9/1/26)
Hand Stamped Sentiments stamping challenge blog and paper craft challenge blog: (2/2; ends 8/31/26)
Inspiration Station: (2/8; ends at the end of the month)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
--Numbers 6: 22-26
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
.jpg)
Beautifully creative floral card!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane BB DT, CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Thank you so much, Diane!
DeleteThis is wonderful, Carrie. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. I appreciate you.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Karen!
Delete