I'm having so much fun sharing my Guest Designer cards for Altenew's August 2026 release! This one features a fun layering die set called Breezy Day. It includes dies to create kites, kite strings, bows, and the word "yay!" So fun! One of the kite designs even has 4 panels it cuts out so you can use multiple colors on the kites!
For my card, I created a white A2 cardbase and then trimmed a piece of blue cardstock to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8. I embossed the blue panel using Altenew's Cloudy Day 3D embossing folder (this is a staple in my craft stash!). Then I swiped the panel with white pigment ink so the edges of the clouds stand out.
For the kites, I die cut all the pieces out of white cardstock and then ink blended them using Altenew's new Highland Flora ink collection. For the first kite, I stamped a pattern on it using a stamp from Altenew's Mini Delight: Sweet Popsicles set (also in the August 2026 release). For the third kite, I stamped the layered floral stamps from Altenew's Mini Delight: Nestled Whimsy set.
I assembled all the kites and bows and then added them to the blue card panel using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. then I added the word "yay!" that I die cut several times and stacked together for dimension.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful embossing folders, stencils, project kits, inks, and die sets and has weekly sales.
Challenges I'm entering:
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 8/19/26)
The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of fun folds (4/6; ends at the end of the month)
A Place To Start: ATG with option of no rectangles (3/8; ends at the end of the month)
613 Avenue Create: ATG (3/8; ends at the end of the month)
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)
Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (2/5; ends at the end of the month)
****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: ATG (3/3; ends 8/10/26) C10
Can You Handle The Pressure?: ATG with an embossing folder (1/3; ends 8/21/26)
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: Alcohol inks and/or Summer + a sentiment (1/5; ends at the end of the month)
Cardz 4 Galz: Blue Skies (1/3; ends 8/19/26)
No more challenges.
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6: 22-26
.png)
.png)

Great design and I love the colours you've used.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.
Helen x
DT
Kites in a blue sky: that's summer for sure. Great card!
ReplyDeleteLia DT CYHTP
Awesome design, love the color combo! We're delighted you've shared this lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge, and we hope to see more soon. Also, we have a new challenge you may consider joining sometime, it's The Pick 3 Challenge and we hope to see you there in the future!
ReplyDeleteDonna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge