Monday, January 30, 2023

I Love You More Than Books Card

My husband knows how much I love to read (after making cards, reading is my favorite pastime!), so I'm sure he'll understand how special he is when he reads this book-themed card😄. 

To make the card, I started by creating a side fold A2 card base out of light blue card stock. Then I die cut the Hero Arts Book Window Fancy Die and Stacked Books Fancy Die out of white card stock. I fussy cut the edges of the window die so that I could adhere it to the dark pink card stock I had chosen as the background. I wanted to follow the color challenge over at MFT, which includes a light and dark pink, a light blue, and a dark gray, so I chose my Copic and Chameleon alcohol markers to match the colors and colored the die cuts using those specific colors. Then I adhered the window die to the front of the card and stamped the "I love you more than books" sentiment in the center. I added a few sequins in matching colors for a bit of sparkle. 

For the inside of the card, I cut the bottom two books from the stack so I could have a couple books on the left side of the card with the "You're tops in my book" sentiment and then have the rest of the stack paired with the "You are literally the best" sentiment on the right side. I used a Gina Marie stitched circle die for the "You're tops in my book" sentiment and popped it up on foam tape. 

My husband is one of the best blessings the Lord has ever given me, and I thank the Lord every day for him. We recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary, but he's been my Valentine for the last 32 years. Having a Christian husband to pray with me and for me on a daily basis and to share life's joys and sorrows is such a gift!


Front of the card: 


Inside of the card:


Close up of the left side:


Close up of the right side:


Challenges I'm entering: 



Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; ends Feb 1)

Random Winner at There's A Stamp for That FB group for January

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Carrie. I love the inside and the outside and your creativity encourages me. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. God bless you always.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I always enjoy seeing your beautiful cards!

      Delete