Friday, January 27, 2023

Our Thoughts And Prayers Are With You Card

I recently volunteered to do a free card class on Jan. 16 for 10 women and had fun choosing the cards we would make and then sharing my love of cardmaking with the group. This is one of the cards we made, and it's a 6X6 inch square card with a pretty blue base and some patterned pieces of cardstock I've been wanting to use for ages. I think they were printable invitations of some sort, but they've sat in a drawer for years until now! They were the perfect background for the stamping and die cuts I wanted to use. 

I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment (it's a Hero Arts stamp and die set, but instead of die cutting the word "prayers," I used the stamp that came in the set as an alternative to die cutting that word. I think I will get a lot of use out of the set as there are many wonderful sentiments that pair well with the word "prayers.")

I wanted to add some pretty die cuts and chose a butterfly (I think it's a Gina Marie die, but I'm afraid I don't remember for sure) and a set of flowers from the SU! Potted Geraniums bundle. I used a small piece of foam tape to adhere just the body of the butterfly to the card so I could bend its wings up slightly. For the inside of the card, I chose an elegant flower die that is usually too big to fit on my cards, so I'm thrilled to be able to use it here.  The flower is die cut out of a lovely shimmery card stock. I popped up the sympathy sentiment inside the card with foam tape. That sentiment is from a retired Close to My Heart stamp set. I stamped it and then die cut it using Gina Marie Designs stitched oval dies. 




Inside the card:






I also made the card using a yellow base:







Challenges I'm entering: 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; ends Feb. 1)


Dream Valley Challenges: Hip to be Square (1/3; ends Feb. 4)


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers (3/8; ends Feb. 15)



 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carrie!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Beautiful Blossoms}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie, this is such a sweet card. Thanks for entering your card in our challenge at the Beautiful Blossoms. Unfortunately, it doesn't meet requirements for a prize as the focal isn't a flower but we are so glad you played along and hope you'll join in with a Floral focused card soon!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for clarifying the rules, Donna. The card has a flower grouping on the front and a large flower die cut on the inside, so I thought it qualified. I see now that you are looking for the flowers to be the main attraction rather than an embellishment and will keep that in mind for the future.

      Delete