Monday, January 30, 2023

My Love for You Ocean-Themed Card

I recently did a pop-up ocean scene card for my youngest daughter, and when I used the Whale Done Stampin' Up! set for that card, I made a note to make a Valentine card with the same set because I loved the "My love for you is bigger than the ocean" sentiment. 

I wanted to use the colors in the MFT color challenge, so I stamped the sentiment in a light pink and used a darker pink for the whale and hearts. I used gray card stock for the base and then adhered a piece of watercolor paper that I stamped using Tim Holtz's distress paint dabbers and then trimmed to size. I fussy cut the whale and larger hearts and then adhered them to the card and added two tiny hearts that came from the Framed Florets die that cuts a frame of hearts in an oval shape. I saved a few of the tiny hearts from the last time I used that die, and I colored two of them with a Copic marker and then adhered them along with the other hearts above the whale. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment