Thursday, January 26, 2023

Twisted Gatefold Birthday Card

My mother-in-law's birthday is at the end of the month, and I wanted to make a pretty birthday card to give her this weekend when she and my father-in-law and several of our children and their families gather for a birthday dinner to celebrate together. I wanted to use my new Stampin' Up! stamp sets: Beautifully Happy and Framed Florets, so I designed a card to feature them. Beautifully Happy is part of Stampin' Up's Sale-A-Bration catalog. If you spend at least $50 on SU! products from now until Feb. 28, you can choose from an array of stamps and designer papers in the Sale-A-Bration catalog as free gifts. Beautifully Happy has stamps for both the outline and the inside of the flowers and leaves (and even the center of the flowers!). Here's a link to the Sale-A-Bration catalog if you are interested in making an order: Sale-A-Bration (stampinup.com)

I found the idea for this twisted gatefold card design here: Twisted Gatefold Cards [Rain or Shine Series #8 & 9] | Stampin Up (stampwithtami.com). I'm so grateful for card designers who post instructions for making fun fold cards! I took Tami's measurements and created a cut file using my Silhouette Design Studio software and then resized the card base and layers slightly so that I could fit 2 card bases on my virtual mat. I made the second card I cut from this paper into a get well card that I'll feature on my next blog post. 

I cut all the layers and adhered them and then stamped and fussy cut all the flowers and then added the sentiments and some gems. 


Closed: 



Partially open:


Fully open:


Close up of the flowers with gems in the centers:


Close up of the inside sentiment (the "Celebrate" and "Wishes for a beautiful birthday" sentiments as well as the die that cut the frame around the birthday sentiment all come from  SU!'s Framed Florets bundle):


The back of the card:



Challenges I'm entering:


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; ends Feb. 1)

little red wagon (lilredwagon.blogspot.com): Birthday (ends Feb. 1)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (1/5; ends Feb. 1)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Beautiful Blooms (1/5; ends Jan. 30)

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Inspiring creativity 8-ways each week: Fancy fold, flowers, free (1/2; ends Feb. 2)


AAA Birthday: Anything birthday goes (ends Jan. 31)

{Cupcake Inspirations}:Polkadots (the yellow card stock I used has polka dots) (1/3; ends Feb. 3)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: Rules & Guidelines (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com) ATG (3/3; ends Jan. 30) C10
 

No more challenges

19 comments:

  1. You always amaze me with your beautiful fun fold cards, Carrie! This twisted gatefold is no exception. Love how you showcased the Happily Beautiful stamp set here. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! What a fun card to make for someone's birthday! I know they will love all dainty and beautiful your card is and it will make them smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, I echo Debbie's sentiment. This is wonderful and not an easy stamp to line up imho!
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much! I’ll echo what I replied to Debbie about being amazed by your lovely cards, too! I always look forward to your DT cards at CC!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card design! Fun Fold card.
    Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Revati
    CIC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and such an interesting fold. Thanks for sharing your work with us on the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combination and fold - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie... I love this spring, twisted fold card. I haven't tried this one yet. You've inspired me! Thank you for joining in the Creative Creases Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the flowers and the twisted fold is really cool. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!!
    Nora
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a cool card, Carrie! I'm sure your MIL loved it! I've never seen this fold before. I'll have to try it out sometime. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yes, you really should try it! It's so easy!

      Delete
  10. Lovely card! Thanks for including Try Stampin on Tuesday in your list of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card.. I always liked this twisted card..
    Thank you for joining us at AAA BIRTHDAY challenge..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete