Friday, January 13, 2023

Zesty Birthday Tucked Corner Card

My oldest daughter has a birthday this weekend, and since she loves citrus fruits, I designed a card for her using SU!'s new Sweet Citrus bundle and some fun design paper with lemons on it. I stamped, die cut and embossed the fruit and stamped and die cut the leaves and little "Just for you" sign (that's from a different SU! bundle called Potted Geraniums). I used a Gina Marie stitched circle die as the background for the sentiment and fruit grouping. I fussy cut the "Have a zesty birthday" sentiment after stamping it. I decorated the back, too, and added some fun embellishments to make it special. I even found some citrus stickers to decorate the envelope flap in my stash! 

The fun fold card design comes from Iced Images here: (1) 6x6 Tucked Corner Fold Card - YouTube. I used the measurements from the video to create a Silhouette cut file in Silhouette Design Studio. 




When opened, it looks like this:


Close up of the sentiment:



Side view: 


Back of the card:


Close-up of the back: 


With the matching envelope:




 Challenges I'm entering:



Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 1/27/23)




Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; ends 1/18/23)



As You Like It Challenge: Favorite reason to send a card: I like to send cards for many different reasons, but I think birthday cards are especially fun as they are an excuse to celebrate friends and family and let them know I'm thinking of them on their special day. I also like that there is such a wide variety of birthday themes to choose from: funny, floral, masculine, etc. (2/3; ends 1/25/23)

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge (trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com): New (the Sweet Citrus bundle was a Christmas gift this year, so I've been having fun playing with my new stamps, dies, and EF from the bundle. Also, this is a new card design I just learned about) (1/2; ends 1/18/23)

No more challenges

8 comments:

  1. I love this fold! One I must try. I'm sure your daughter will love it.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, bright, fun, and happy card, one I am sure she will treasure!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun fold and fun, bright card! I love your design. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Donna! It was a fun card to make!

    ReplyDelete