Thursday, January 26, 2023

Twisted Gatefold Get Well Card

This is the second twisted gatefold card I made today. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out two card bases and multiple layers and then created a birthday card for my mother-in-law that you can see here: Carrie's Custom Cards: Twisted Gatefold Birthday Card (carriescustomcards.blogspot.com) and then I used the opposite side of the design paper to create this get well card. 

Since I already gave the instructions about how to create the card base in my last blog post, I'll just describe what I used for the stamps and die cuts here. I used Stampin' Up!'s Beautifully Happy stamp set which is currently free with any $50 purchase until Feb. 28. Here's a link to the Sale-A-Bration catalog if you are interested in making an order: Sale-A-Bration (stampinup.com). The flowers are a two-step stamp set with an outline stamp and then another stamp to fill in the leaves, flowers, and flower centers. For the inside of the card, I just stamped the outline of the small flower twice. I adhered the flower focal piece with liquid glue to the right half of the gatefold and then adhered the sentiment with foam tape on the left half of the gatefold. I added an orange gem to the center of the largest flower to finish it up. 




Front of the card:


When the card is open:


Close up of the flower stamp on the front:


Views of the back:





Challenges I'm entering: 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; ends Feb. 1)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (2/5; ends Feb. 1)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Beautiful Blooms (2/5; ends Jan. 30)

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Inspiring creativity 8-ways each week: Fancy fold, flowers, free (2/2; ends Feb. 2)





Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends Feb. 6)
 

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers (2/8; ends Feb. 15)

Stamping Sensations (sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com): Add some sparkle (I added a gem to the center of my flower on the front of the card) (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges


23 comments:

  1. What a cool fun fold card. Love the design. Thanks for sharing this over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as pretty as the previous one, Carrie! Thank you for sharing!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an unusual fold for a pretty summery card, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thanks so much! And it’s really such an easy fun fold!

      Delete
  4. It's a great fold and looks so pretty with your papers and flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Like the shape too. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dora! Fun fold cards are my favorite kind of card to make!

      Delete
  6. I love fun fold cards, I’ve never tried this fold , interesting. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT… Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Carrie, this is a gorgeous card fold and lovely floral image. I rarely create fun fold cards and you've inspired me to create one. Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope to see more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! It’s a surprisingly easy fun fold to make. I hope you’ll give it a try.

      Delete
  8. Carrie, I have never heard of a twisted gate fold card before and have pinned the directions so I can try it at a later time. Really lovely floral creation, and beautifully done on the inside, too! It's always a pleasure seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at our challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a work of art Carrie! Love the way it looks open as well as closed with the spray of pretty flowers on display. Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty twisted gatefold card, lovely flowers and colouring

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 03 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful fold! Thanks for playing in the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Your creation is gorgeous and we hope to see you again! XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a FUN gate fold, Carrie! The twist makes your card standout. The colorful cardstock combination is perfect. Thank you for joining in at our Newest "Beautiful Blossoms" Challenge. Hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete