Thursday, June 23, 2016

Bridal Silhouette Card

This weekend the kindergarten/first grade teacher at my church's elementary school is getting married. She is a lovely young woman with whom I've had the privilege of working this week as I'm assisting a special needs child in her group at our church's Upwards! Sports camp. I'm amazed at her willingness to coach a group of kids every night for 3 hours the week before her wedding! 
For her card, I used the new Sue Wilson Spanish Collection dies I ordered from Joanna Sheen when they were on special at the start of this month. These dies are usually too much for my budget, but with the special prices and free shipping on my order, I was able to get several sets in the Spanish collection as well as 2 sets in the California collection. Yippee!
I made a side-hinge base for the card using the largest die in the Granada set and then die cut some variegated pink paper using a die from the Valencia set for the front. I added a sparkly pink felt die cut with a die from the San Francisco set and a bridal silhouette from an svg file I cut on my Silhouette machine. Then I added the sentiment using another Sue Wilson Granada die and a Justrite clear stamp. I adhered some pearls to the corners and the hem of the bride's dress.
For the inside, I chose a beautiful verse from a Gina Marie Designs scripture stamp set and die cut it with a Spellbinders oval die. 
 I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card. She will cherish it forever. Of course, enabler that you are, I had to go look at all those yummy dies LOL!

    ReplyDelete