Thursday, June 16, 2016

Oceans of Joy Card

This week over at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday, our "twist" is to add buttons. I thought it would be a cute idea to use clear buttons as underwater bubbles with this whimsical image "My Fish" from this month's sponsor Ppinkydolls. You can find it and many other adorable digis here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ppinkydollsart?section_id=13880735&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1
The card base is a cream A2 card. To make the water, I heavily spritzed some watercolor paper with water and then added some Pearl Ex "Duo Green Purple" and "Turquoise" powders by sprinkling them on. I spritzed the paper again, moved things around to spread the water a bit more and let it dry. I then added a few sprays of the turquoise powder I had mixed with water in a spray bottle to add just a little more texture to the layers of color. 
For the digi, I sized her up and added an offset file around her to do a print and cut of her using my Silhouette Design Studio software. I colored her with Copic and MEXPY markers.
I used a sponge to add some color to the sky behind the ocean. Then I die cut and embossed a shell and sand dollar from a Cuttlebug set. I added the clear buttons using micro glue dots. 
For the inside, I stamped a sentiment onto cream cardstock and die cut it using a Gina Marie Designs stitched rounded rectangle die. Then I die cut some more of the watercolor paper with a larger size of the same die. I added a shell from the Cuttlebug set I used for the sand dollar and shell on the front of the card. 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Whimsie Doodles: Life's a Beach http://whimsiedoodles.blogspot.com/
Seize The Birthday 2W Birthday + Optional Topping: Anything Goes (W1 of 2) 
Cutie Pie Challenge - M, 2nd Monday, must be "cute" - (June) Cute + Water


14 comments:

  1. Oh, Carrie, how clever to use clear buttons for bubbles! I will be on a hunt now for clear buttons :) I love the background your created and the way you added the sentiment to the inside. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that clear button idea, too, Carrie! Very clever! I just love the way she's riding the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Carrie! I love the way you made the sky and the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, this would be perfect for the Whimsie Doodles June Beach/Ocean Challenge. http://whimsiedoodles.blogspot.com/2016/06/june-monthly-challenge.html

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous, Carrie! Love the sweet image, your beautiful waves, and awesome die-cuts! Cute use of the clear buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use clear buttons, and I love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Whimsie Doodles. Love the card and the ocean bubbles - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Whimsie Doodles. Love the card and the ocean bubbles - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute underwater scene. Love the clear buttons as bubbles. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and beautifully colored scene!!

    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really nicely done water scene. Very creative to use the buttons in that way. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!!! I love the layout. Thanks for sharing with us over Whimsie Doodles. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card.Thanks for sharing with us at the Cutie Pies :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete