Monday, June 13, 2016

Super Birdbrain Father's Day Card

With Father's Day coming up this Sunday already, I thought I would make some Father's Day cards for my dad, my father-in-law and my husband. I decided to use the sketch over on the FTHS blog since I try to play most weeks and have been wanting to use the "Super Birdbrain" digi for awhile now. I'd also like to use him to make some fun birthday cards, but first things first. I need 3 Father's Day cards by Sunday!
For this card, I used a 5X7 inch card base and covered the front with Tim Holtz' "Broken China" distress paint.  Using the dauber, I applied it in circular motions trying to imitate the look of the sky. I sized the sentiment to fit in a circle so it would fit the sketch and then die cut it with a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Circle die. For the image, I sized up the Birdbrain and did a trace file so I could use the offset feature and create a cut file around him for a print and cut. After printing him out and using my Silhouette to cut him out, I colored him with Copics and popped him up using foam squares. 
For the cityscape, I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix die and cut it at various points to get the lengths I wanted to match the sketch. I used black adhesive-backed foam for the buildings to give some dimension to the card. 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Paper Shelter Challenge - W,3E, SIO - #252 Sentimental

7 comments:

  1. Carrie, another fabulous card using this fun bird brain image! Love the sky -- so pretty! Great use of the sketch...cool skyline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab fun card, great image and the skyline die cutting goes perfectly, thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the skyline for the three banners, Carrie! The background is perfect, and your coloring is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool..love the details.. Thanks for playing with us this week at TPS!! Good Luck! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something about this image that makes me feel so strong! Perfect for a masculine card and great use of the sketch this week. Appreciate your joining us for I {heart} sketch 156 at From The Heart Stamps. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps sketch 156!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card - great little buildings! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete