Saturday, June 18, 2016

Send A Smile 4 Kids Guest DT Post

Today I have the privilege of being a Guest Designer at Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge where the theme for this time is to use "Punches and/or Dies." Our sponsor is Dollar Graphics Depot, and I was given this adorable set "Spots the Puppy" to work with for my card. Here's a look at the whole set:
My card is an A2 card that started with a black card base. I layered a cream-colored panel with the paw prints and "Bow Wow" text I had arranged to make digital background paper for my this card. I die cut that panel using a Gina Marie Designs "Wonky Rectangles" die. Then I die cut the panel with the puppy using a smaller die from the same set. I popped it up with foam squares to add some dimension. I also fussy cut a second ear and nose so I could pop those up with some foam adhesive, also. The sentiment was stamped with a Close To My Heart clear stamp and die cut with a PoppyStamps die. It was adhered to a black background panel cut with a die from the same PoppyStamps set. In hindsight, I wish I would have done a black background panel for the die cut with the puppy on it, so I'll keep that in mind for next time. I think it would have given a more polished look to the card. In any case, my son wasn't as picky as I am, and when I gave it to him for his birthday this week, he loved it! I guess that's what really matters in the end!
I hope you can join the fun over at  Send A Smile 4 Kids!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Show us Your Pussies-Cat Only Challenge M, (1st Tuesday) June - Furrything Goes

1 comment:

  1. That is super cool and I love the die cuts and super sweet image.
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D
    Sorry I can't put you into the prize draw cuz he's not a cat :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete