Monday, June 20, 2016

World's Best Dad Card

Here's one last Father's Day card that coordinates with the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Summer Blog Hop and uses the sketch over on the FTHS blog.

I made a 5 1/2 X 7 1/2 inch card base with tan paper that I had printed with coffee beans from FTHS "Birdbrain Needs Coffee" set (I isolated the coffee beans by Birdbrain's feet and then made a pattern out of them). Then I sized up and printed three of the digis from FTHS World's Best Coffee set along with the "World's Best Dad" sentiment included in that set. I die cut the coffee cups with Gina Marie Designs Stitched Circle dies and matted them with a larger size die from the same set. I used Gina Marie Designs Drop Pennant dies for the sentiment and mat behind it. I also printed some white paper with the coffee bean design and cut a 1 1/2 inch strip to line the middle of the card. 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Sasayaki Glitter Challenge Blog M, 1st Thursday, F, E3  - June- Male Project
Inky Chicks 3W, 3E, cards & altered items - #8 - Father's Day or Male (week 3)
Crafty Cardmakers - 2W, C15 - (Week 2) For a Special Man
Crafting from the Heart - W, E3, F - Always Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenges - 2W, 3E - (Week 2) BINGO* (stamp, black/brown, sentiment)
I {heart} Sketches Challenge - W (2W in summer), SIR - Sketch* and/or Twist: Sparkle







36 comments:

  1. great card I like the design, I bet your Dad loved it
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome funky design. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Father's Day card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Carrie, CAS, love the stitching and neutral color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute design! Great job on the BG beans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this design... really nice man card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great that you could combine so many elements! Love your CAS card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three cups, three Cheers! WOOO! Love the tan colors and the three circles in the layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this layout and color choices - black and brown are one of my favorites! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun dad card, Carrie,! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great way to use the sketch, Carrie! I love how you turned it (I'm too literal, I guess!) and I love the bean background paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card, love the fun bean background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card I love your design- the circled cups atr too fun I love it.
    Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card. I was thinking this image would be perfect also if I chose not to color it, as you did - I needed up coloring mine for the challenge. I love how cute it is. Thanks for sharing. I might have to borrow your un-colored design :) I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable Coffee Card, Carrie ! Love the Background and the monochrome Colors.

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 157 @ From the Heart Stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super fun design, great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card for Dads! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great masculine card design and I bet that Dad loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great masculine card & take on our sketch this week! Thanks for joining us at FTHS for Sketch #157.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card thanks for joining us at Get Creative challenges good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card. very nice design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card for a man. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, love the way you have combined the vanilla and the white cardstock! ;o) Thank you for joining our „For a Special Man“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete