Thursday, June 2, 2016

Purr-fect Birthday Card

This week over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday, our "twist" is ANIMALS. You can include any kind of animal(s) on your project!
For my card, I started out by making a card base using Gina Marie Wonky Rectangles largest die to make a top-fold card. Then I die cut a Wonky Rectangle die using some fun Richard Garay design paper to adhere to the card front. 
I sized up and printed out the digi "Fifi" by our sponsor Ppinkydolls and then colored her and the kitty with Copic and MEXPY markers. You can find this adorable digi and many others at  https://www.etsy.com/shop/ppinkydollsart?section_id=13880735&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1
I die cut the image with a Gina Marie Designs Fancy Doily die. Then I mounted that on an orange felt doily by Studio G and adhered those layers to another die cut made with the largest of the Gina Marie Designs Famcy Doily dies. I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to write the sentiment, and then I printed it out and die cut it with the smallest of the Gina Marie Wonky Rectangles dies. I made a background layer using the same design paper I had used for the largest doily ie cut. I also die cut a kitten using a die from the now closed Top Dog Dies.

4 comments:

  1. This is a purr-fect birthday card, Carrie! I love the extra kitty you added and those fabulous die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a cat lover, I find this card just irresistible, Carrie!I love all those different layers of die cuts and now I see that I NEED even more of Gina Marie's dies LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous job with this card, I love these dies. Have to stop by Gina Marie and check them out. The layered doilies look great, love the kitten die. Your choice of papers and colors work so well together. Love the coloring.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, Carrie! I'm so happy to be back in blogland! Thank you for your kind words on my blog! I bet you already know I LOVE your card! I see kitties! I was saying to myself I recognize the die-cut kitty - I had to go check - I have this one and I'm hanging my head in shame because I've not used it yet! I love the sweet image too! Nice to see all the Gina Marie dies - her prices are amazing and I've been collecting some myself! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete