Sunday, June 12, 2016

FTHS Birdbrain Graduation Card

I still have a few more graduation cards to make, so I once again turned to this darling Birdbrain by From The Heart Stamps and used this week's sketch over in the FTHS blog for this card.
I started with a white blank A2 card base and trimmed it down a bit on the sides. Then I used my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper to round the edges. I made a mat out of green paper and used that behind my die cuts. I die cut some school-themed design papers with a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rounded Rectangle die and a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square die to follow the sketch. Then I used the print and cut feature of my Silhouette machine to print out the digi and cut a circle around it. I colored it in with Copics. 
There wasn't much room left on the card front for a sentiment, so I made a panel using green cardstock for the sentiment and stamped it with a stamp by CTMH from the "You Did It" clear stamp set and adhered it to the inside. 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:


2 comments:

  1. Carrie, what a great graduation card! I love the coordinating papers you paired with this fun image! I just bought this digi stamp, and you have inspired me to play with it right sway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie - glad you could join us for the From The Heart Stamps Sketch 155 this past week. Love the graduation Birdbrain - he's a favorite of mine. Great paper. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete