Thursday, June 23, 2016

Happy Birthday Fishes

This week at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our "twist" is to show some water in your project. I decided to do an underwater scene with this adorable digi called "Hippocampus" from this month's sponsor Ppinkydolls. You can find it here along with lots of other darling and whimsical digis: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ppinkydollsart?section_id=13880735&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

For the background, I heavily spritzed some watercolor paper with water and then put a dusting of Pearl Ex powders on the paper (turquoise and duo green-purple) before spritzing with water again and moving the paper around to get the color to spread. I really like how it turned out!I cut the top of the watercolor paper with 2 wave dies from Pink and Main. For my digi, I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to size him up and then do an offset file so I could make a print and cut of him. Then I colored him with Copic and MEXPY markers. I die cut and embossed an underwater plant with a Cuttlebug die and embossing folder and colored it with the same color I used in the little merman's tail. I added some shells from a trip to South Carolina last summer along with some fun 3D clear stickers to finish off the card.
For the inside, I stamped my sentiment and die cut it and the watercolored mat behind it using Gina Marie Designs stitched drop pennant dies. I added a fish die cut and embossed it with the same Cuttlebug set as the underwater plant on the front of the card.

3 comments:

  1. Love the background that you did for this, Carrie. I really love the row of tiny shells that you used to make this dreamy underwater scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Carrie! You achieved a beautiful underwater background! I love how you added shells along the bottom! Looks great on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete