Thursday, June 30, 2016

Waiting for Him Card

This week over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our "twist" is Anything Goes, so you can play along with us using whatever projects you're creating this week!
For my A2 card, I embossed a brick wall using a Paper Studio embossing folder and distressed it a bit with brown ink before trimming it and adhering it to my white card blank. 
For the digi, I sized it and printed out this sweet digi called "Waiting for Him" by our sponsor Ppinkydolls using my Silhouette Design Studio software. You can find this digi and many other adorable and whimsical digis at https://www.etsy.com/shop/ppinkydollsart?section_id=13880735&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1
I colored the digi with Copic and MEXPY markers and used a craft knife to cut out the window panes so I could add clear cardstock to the backs of the windows to imitate glass panes after I fussy cut the entire digi. I also printed and colored a second digi the same size so I could fussy cut the bow in the girl's hair and the heart-shaped flowers on the ledge to give a little dimension to the digi. I adhered the digi to the brick background with foam tape so it pops out a bit. 
Then I die cut some vines with a PoppyStamps die and added flowers from 2 Gina Marie Designs sets. I added blue gems to the centers for a little sparkle.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, you certainly did a lot to create this gorgeous card, Carrie. I was exhausted just reading all the steps LOL! It was worth all the effort however! What a great scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I agree with Jean...what a lot of work, but so worth it! This is a delightful window scene that you created!

    ReplyDelete