Monday, June 13, 2016

FTHS Sweet Anniversary Card

This Friday will be my parents' 49th wedding anniversary, and they are driving up from Indiana to our house in Michigan to watch my youngest daughter perform in a play that evening. We're planning to take them out for a nice dinner to celebrate with them, and I had a family picture made into a 16 X 20 inch canvas to give to them. 
For their anniversary card, I used this month's freebie for the From the Heart Stamps Monthly Progressive Challenge. This dish of ice cream is one of 3 ice cream treats featured in the set. There are also some great sentiments that go perfectly with the ice cream theme, but I opted to make my own message to personalize it for my parents' 49th anniversary. 
I made the ice cream dish into a card shape by making a cut file around the edges of the ice cream dish and then using the "mirror above" feature and arranging the top ice cream to overlap the bottom one and welding the two together. Then I did a print and cut of just the ice cream dish for the front of the card. I colored it with Copic and MEXPY markers and adhered it to the card base.
For the sentiment, I wrote the message in my Silhouette program, colored it digitally and added an oval cut file around it. I printed it out and cut it with my Silhouette machine. 
 I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
From the Heart Stamps Progressive Monthly Freebie Challenge
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2016/06/03/free-stamp-of-the-month-june-2016-ice-cream-lineup/

4 comments:

  1. Super nice card with one of the ice cream images, Carrie! Congrats to your parents too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - wow, love that you used the entire bowl as shaped card - I always appreciate the creativity of our members here at From The Heart Stamps - great way to use your June SOTM. Take care. See you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for an anniversary card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps SOTM challenge!

    ReplyDelete