Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Gerda Steiner Mouse Coffee Card

I apologize if you are getting tired of all the coffee-themed cards, but I really enjoy supporting the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog hops, and the Spring hop is on this week, so I've been busy!
This card features a digi stamp by Gerda Steiner. She creates such cute critters!
This card is an A2 card base, and since this is the Spring CLCM blog hop, I chose a floral design for the background. I printed out my digi, die cut the little guy with a Waffleflower Lacey Layers die and then colored him up with Copic and MEXPY markers. I tried to match the pink and green in the background flowers with the colors I chose for his tail, nose and coffee cup. In hindsight, I wish I would have chosen a lighter gray for him. I'll try to remember that next time I color him.
The "Java Great Day" sentiment is from Bugaboo stamps.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Spring Blg Hop
http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2016/03/spring-coffee-lovers-blog-hop-2/
 Gerda Steiner Share Your Designs Challenge
http://gsd-stamps.com/blogs/share-your-designs/113480132-join-us-for-the-18th-share-your-design-challenge

22 comments:

  1. Love the stitched frame against your background, and what an cute critter...adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image, and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so adorable, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your background paper, plus the white panel's pretty border. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card, Carrie, love that background card stock! Happy Thursday and Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN & FABULOUS card Carrie :)
    LOVE your inky mouse and decorative scalloped panel, the background paper is pretty too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweet little mouse looks like she's enjoying her coffee. I love the scalloped die cut. Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just beyond adorable! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so sweet. Love the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I were on a lacy edged card with pretty background paper and coffee in hand, I'd be smiling, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The coffee theme is so in right now!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coffee theme is so in right now!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete