Thursday, March 3, 2016

Java Great Day Card

This week at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our twist is to use dies or punches. Of course you can always enter an ATG project, so why not join us?!
Our sponsor this month is Bugaboo, and they have a wide range of great digis to choose from. This image and sentiment came from one of their sets, and there were several other fun sentiments and images included. You can check out all their digis at http://www.bugaboostamps.com.
For the base of this card, I used a Tim Holtz stencil and some ink daubers. I moved the stencil around as I covered the cream cardstock with my coffee rings and drips.
I colored the digi in my Silhouette Design Studio software. I decided to stick with shades of brown for this coffee-themed card. Then I printed it out, along with the sentiment, and die cut them both with Gina Marie Design dies. You can shop for her dies at http://wholesalecraftingsupplies.com. Her prices are about half what the big name die companies cost!
I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder for the sentiment to add some coffee cups to the panel and distressed it a little with brown ink. For the image, I added some brown liquid appliqué for the coffee and distressed the edges of the die cut with more brown ink.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Crafting By Designs - W,F, 3E -  March Anything Goes Challenge
Creative Moments - 2W, 3E - #86 Always Anything Goes/ optional twist use a sentiment on front of project  (Week 1 of 2) 
 Inspiration Destination - W, F- #75 Always Anything Goes
 WordArt Wednesdays - W,5E , scriptural word art freebie offered each week#221 Anything Goes Two Week Challenge
 Wonderful Wednesdays -  W, SIO -  Always Anything Goes
 
 
  Simply Papercraft - 2WE3 - No. 24 (W2 of 2) - Anything Goes
 Crafty Girls Creations 2W,3E Always Anything Goes
 DL ART Thursday Challenge 2W,2nd & 4th Thurs,3E #175 Frog & or Green (alternative thank you) (W2 of 2) Monthy Challenge: Always Anything Goes
 Crafting Musketeers (M, P2, 1E) #34 Monochrome
 Paper Sweeties (M,P1) #40
 
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of the "coffee" splatters, Carrie!You are such an enabler LOL. I have been back three times to order some of Gina's dies. They have such a great range of sizes and I wish I had know about her wonderful products before I ever bought any others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell the coffee, Carrie, I will be right over! What wonderful splatters, I may have to go shopping! I am going shopping with Jean, to Gina's this afternoon! :)))).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! Love the coffee theme and the splatter and rings are perfect. Great dies and love the embossing.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those coffee rings for the background paper! The little embossed coffee cups are perfect! Love it! Wanted to also say thanks for hopping along with our FtHS blog hop, your visits and kind words are so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this card looks so cool with the rings of spilled coffee! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our challenge at Creative Moments this fortnight.
    I can’t wait to see what you create for our next challenge.
    Angie DT
    Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Carrie, those coffee ring circles and drops are amazing -- perfect card for this month's challenge! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Paper Sweeties :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memories of Mommy, wo always had a coffe ring or two on her hand written letters. ( olden days). Thank you so much for entering our 221st challenge. We are always delighted to see your entries and appreciate your inspirational creativity.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. Those little embossed cups are amzing what a fun card I am going to have to check out the site thank you.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MARCH Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card! Love the sweet image and how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coffee themed card! Love the coffee rings and wonderful coffee cup! Thanks so much for joining us for the challenge at Paper Sweeties this month!

    ReplyDelete