Saturday, March 26, 2016

Psalm 91:4 Card

A dear sister in Christ is going through a difficult time with her husband having recently been diagnosed with cancer. It's a very serious case, and I wanted to encourage her in some way and decided to use this beautiful verse from Psalm 91:4. What a blessing to know God gives us refuge and protection in the storms of life!
I made the card base with some CTMH papers that have a peacock feather background in blue on one side and in light brown on the other. I die cut the card base using a Gina Marie Designs X stitched rectangle, taping the folded paper to the top part of the die so that the very top edge didn't cut. This left me with a top fold for my card.
Then I die cut the panel for the verse using a die from Marianne. The clear stamp with the verse on it is from a set of scripture stamps by Gina Marie Designs.
I applied cream chalks by Pebbles to the acrylic feathers to color them. They are adhered with large glue dots to the frame which was adhered with foam squares.
The inside sentiment comes from a CTMH clear stamp. I will add a personalized message letting her know we are praying for her family and asking for God's comfort and peace as her husband recovers from surgery and begins the arduous process of chemotherapy and radiation.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely and comforting card! I know your friend and her ailing husband will be encouraged by the wonderful scripture and by your prayers and concern.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Thank you, also, for becoming a follower. I have returned the favor.

    Have a joyful and blessed Easter. He IS risen!!! Praise to our Lord Jesus!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Carrie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I pray for your friend's husband. What a nice card to encourage him. Enjoy your Easter tomorrow. I pray it will be Happy and Blessed. Without Him, there would be no Easter. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card- and how thoughtful of you to make this encouraging card for a friend! God Bless You!!! Thank You for stopping by my blog- and I am happy to follow your blog : ) I see you are also a challenge player at Outlawz, I do try to do at least one challenge there a week- sometimes I fail though...... Have a Blessed Easter : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful - I am sure your friend appreciates the thought~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card--perfect way to use that verse! I know this will be greatly appreciated as they face the struggles ahead. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very classy card that I'm sure your friend will appreciate at this difficult time. :)

    ReplyDelete