Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Big Hugs Get Well Card

This get well soon card is for a woman on my church's prayer list who was kicked by a horse resulting in several broken bones. I hope this colorful floral card will lift her spirits.

I started with a white A2 card base and added a die cut frame using yellow polka dot card stock. Then I die cut the floral background from SU!'s Dahlia Days bundle out of purple card stock. Next, I stamped a few dahlias and leaves and then die cut them with the coordinating dies. I adhered them to the bottom left corner and popped up the blue one using foam tape. I stamped "Get Well Soon" using a stamp from SU!'s Ringed with Nature bundle and then die cut it using a Gina Marie Designs die. I adhered the sentiment with foam tape, also. 

For the inside of the card, I used a Lawn Fawn pop up die with the sentiment "Big Hugs." I bought the die at my local Craft Outlet store on Black Friday and was eager to use it. I think it will get a lot of use as I frequently make cards for people on the prayer list. 




A close-up of the gorgeous flowers in this stamp set:



Here's a look at the pop-up die cut:




Challenges I'm entering: 

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends Dec. 2)

digidesignchallengeblog (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.com): Load on the layers (1/3; ends Dec.9)





https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (2/5; ends Dec. 7)

Word Art Wednesday (3/5 for this week; ends Dec. 7)

Festive Friday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-friday.blogspot.com): Several themes, but I chose flowers (2/3; ends Dec. 8)

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. I know it will bring comfort. --Thanks so much for playing along with our November Stay Crafty With a Blog Named Hero challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Thanks again for playing along with Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty floral design and I love that pop up die inside.

    Thanks for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card and lovely layering

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 48 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete