Friday, November 18, 2022

Merry ChristMOOSE Mini Slimline Card

The design for this mini slimline card came from Call Me Craft Al's September 2022 Sheet Load of Cards design. She includes the dimensions if you want to make a single card rather than a full sheet load, which was handy for me this time as I just wanted to make a single card. 

I started by making a top-fold card base using kraft card stock that's 3.25X4.25. I embossed a piece of green card stock using a Richard Gary Lumberjack Days EF called "Knitted Pattern." I followed Crafy Al's design for the sizing of the card stock pieces on the front of the card and then used my Silhouette Cameo to do a print and cut of the adorable Polkadoodles "Elvis Wesley Christmas Moose Hot Chocolate" digi (pre-colored version). Isn't he darling?! I used a Spellbinders oval die to die cut the frame around him and another Spellbinders die for the holly. I die cut two holly die cuts: one in green and one in burgundy using the same papers I had used for the other elements of the card. I cut the burgundy berries off the leaves and adhered them to the green leaves using foam tape to make them pop up a little. 

For the sentiment, I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to design the sentiment and then did a print and cut of it. 






Challenges I'm entering: 

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Coffee, tea, or cocoa theme; Thing 3 use a pun (I hope the play on words with ChristMOOSE counts); Thing 3: enter the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop (I used a holly die cut, so I'm also entering the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!)


Cut It Up (cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com): Coffee theme with a die cut (I hope cocoa counts😃)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/3 since I used a Polkadoodles digi; ends Nov. 28)

Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog: Kid-friendly holiday cards 
 




Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): Hot Beverages (2/3; ends Dec. 4)




14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is precious! Love the layout and papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable design. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic paper choice to go with that adorable image! I love the card design. I'll have to go check out Crafty Al. Haven't watched her in a while.

    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again- Now I'm really impressed with another slimline fun fold! What cute paper and image too. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lands, this is adorable!! The image paired with the festive paper is just too cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cut It Up! Made me smile! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable image and love the frame you used. Don't often see a slimline as a fun fold, but I really like this one. Great fun fold, patterned paper and pun sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "Deja-BREW".

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn adorable. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another very cute card with a fun fold. Thanks so much for playing along with us again at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and wonderfull made card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card, Carrie! The moose image is adorable and love the oval die! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so cute. Love the design.

    Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenges. Doni

    ReplyDelete