Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Nativity Snow Globe Cards

Spoiler alert! Hopefully none of the people on my mom's Christmas list follow my blog because this is the Christmas card design her recipients are going to receive this year. I made 250 of them for her and then did another (much smaller!) batch for the members of my Bible Study Fellowship discussion group and a few other people from church. Most of the people on my Christmas list are getting a photo card that features a family photo taken this past summer when my daughter in the Navy was home on leave as well as a few smaller photos of my darling grandson. 

The card design for this card comes from a file in the Silhouette Design Store titled "Snow Globe Card Nativity." I resized it to fit in my A2 envelopes. I also used a couple Close to My Heart stamps for the verse and the star. I stamped those using my MISTI, and it made quick work of the project since I lined up both stamps exactly where I wanted them and then stamped the front and backs of the cards at the same time. Thankfully both card elements fit nicely in the MISTI so I could stamp them both at the same time. 

The hardest part of this card was definitely the panel with baby Jesus. I had to change out my cutting blade toward the end of the project. That hay is tough on the blade! The other panels cut out very easily, and I was able to use the fastest setting on my Silhouette, which was a good thing since I was cutting out so many of them!






Close up of the verse:


Side view where you can see the tab the 3 outer panels are glued to:




A look at my work space as I folded and glued the tabs for each card:



Challenges I'm entering:

Creative Knockouts: Time to be Merry (2/3; ends Dec. 1); C10



****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com) (3/3; ends Dec. 5)

The Paper Shelter: Winter Celebrations (1/2; ends Dec. 7)


https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (3/5; ends Dec. 7)

Word Art Wednesday (2/5 for this week; ends Dec. 7)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful holiday fun fold card, Carrie! I love the dimension here and glad you took a side photo so I could appreciate it even more! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Thanks for joining at The Paper Shelter #536 Winter Celebration
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete