Monday, November 14, 2022

Thanksgiving Place Card

I recently had the joy of hosting a woman from my Bible study and 4 of her daughters for a fall-themed paper crafting session at my house. I had several types of cards for the girls to assemble as well as 20 place cards for them to decorate for their Thanksgiving dinner (I had asked their mom ahead of time how many people they would need place cards for). I had some chipboard elements and some Thanksgiving stickers I had printed and cut out using my Silhouette Cameo as well as some die cut leaves, pumpkins, etc. the girls could use to decorate their place cards. Their mom told me that she isn't very crafty, and this was a blessing to her girls. It was a lot of fun, and I'd like to do more of these sessions in the future. I have so many craft supplies and would love to share them! 

I used a cut file on my Silhouette Cameo for the place cards and the layer for the names. I made a few sample place cards to show the girls including one below for my grandson Sawyer. He was born in July, so it's his first Thanksgiving! I used the Cremona font in Silhouette Design Studio to spell out his name and then sized it to fit on the front of the place card. I thought the phrase "You're the cutest pumpkin in the patch" fit him perfectly, so I adhered that to the place card and added a bit of twine to it. 







Here's the back of the place card:



Side view: 


Challenges I'm entering: 

Paper a la mode challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com): Thankful (I'm definitely thankful for Sawyer! He's brought so much joy to our family since his arrival!) Winner 12/2/22; Sponsor Jan's Digi Stamps; emailed Katrina on 12/3/22; copied on an email to Jan on 12/4/22

Outlawz Challenges: Monthly linky



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of words of thanks


https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Thanks/Thanksgiving



Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends Nov. 17)

4 comments:

  1. What a great project! These place cards are wonderfully festive. That little tag on Sawyer's card is adorable; I'm Sawyer is, also! ;) Thanks for sharing with us at The Outlawz Paper à la Mode! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project and idea! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.com

    The Outlawz Twisted Thursdays Challenges. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun Anything Goes Challenge with optional twist.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day and your projects are delightful! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete