Friday, November 18, 2022

Purrfect Christmas Mini Slimline Fun Fold Card

Today I worked on a few mini slimline cards using design ideas from Call Me Crafty Al. I'm so grateful for designers who share their ideas! 

This card has a fun fold on the front. It's a piece of 11X2.5 inch card that has 2 score lines: one at the 5.5 inch mark and one at  the 4.25 inch mark. You then fold the card at the score lines and put adhesive on the small area between the scores, fold the card in half, and you have a section that doesn't open up with the rest of the card. It's a quick and clever way to do something a little unique. If you want to look at more of the details for creating the card, check out Crafty Al's July 2021 Sheet Load of Cards. I modified her instructions somewhat by adhering the back piece to a pink cardstock mini slimline card base so the card would stand up. 

I used a digi stamp I recently won in a card challenge. It's from The Paper Shelter and called "Comfy at Home." I love the way The Paper Shelter's digis come with pre-colored versions as well as ones you can color yourself. They also have backgrounds you can use or omit as you like. It makes their sets very versatile! Since I'm down to the wire on entering the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, I went with the pre-colored digi here, but I think it would be so cute to personalize a future card by coloring the cats to match the recipient's pets. 

I embossed the front pink panel with a Cuttlebug 5X7 EF called "Holly Ribbons." For the inside of the fun fold, I added the sentiment "Hope your Christmas is PURRfect" using a font called California Love. 

The kittens in this digi are so cute, and I love the idea of cuddling up in a favorite chair with a mug of tea (I'm a big fan of dessert-flavored loose leaf teas). I don't have any cats, and my 125-pound Great Dane is not a lap dog, so I usually cuddle up with a book instead of a pet😄.


Side view:








Close up of the digi:


Challenges I'm entering: 

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Coffee, tea, or cocoa theme; Thing 3 use a pun (I think the play on words with "Purrfect" counts?); Thing 3: enter the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop (I used a holly EF and design paper with holly on it, so I'm also entering the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!)

Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge #11 - Holly: My green design paper has holly on it, and I used an EF with a holly pattern on it



Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog: Kid-friendly holiday cards 

Let's Squash It!! (letssquashit.blogspot.com): Christmas and an EF (I used "Holly Ribbons" by Cuttlebug) (2/3; ends Nov. 30) C8


No more challenges

9 comments:

  1. What a cool card! Love the interesting folded panels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun folds! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any different folds using a slimline before, what a creative design! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you adapted the slimline card with a book fun fold, Carrie! Very pretty and so creative! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image and a very fun fold on that card! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting fun fold and very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "Deja-BREW"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card design and lovely image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card. Especially for a young lady. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #45. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that sure is a great fold and lovely coffee card.

    ReplyDelete