Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Prayers Card

This card is for a sister in Christ who lost her 10-year-old daughter back in October. She reached out to me just after Thanksgiving and let me know she was struggling so I could pray for her. A few days after I began praying that the Lord would reassure her about the questions she had and comfort her in her grief, she texted that she had contacted a former pastor, and he encouraged her greatly and discussed her questions with her and provided reassurance and comfort. It was such a clear answer to my prayers! I am in awe of how God cares for us so personally. I will continue to keep this family in my prayers as Christmas approaches and then their daughter's birthday on Jan. 2, but I am so grateful I can entrust them to God's loving care.

I started this card with a white A7 card base and chose to do a horizontal orientation. Using a die from SU!'s Dahlia Days bundle, I die cut the floral background using pink adhesive vinyl. I adhered it to the card base and then I die cut and embossed a Spellbinders die to make the navy blue frame. I adhered the frame with foam tape to pop it up a little from the background. I stamped and die cut the dahlias and leaves for the top left corner on the front of the card and the bottom right corner on the inside of the card using stamps and dies from the same Dahlia Days bundle. I used foam tape to adhere the flowers to pop them up a bit. I die cut the prayers die using both yellow and navy card stock and adhered them to some white card with a slight offset so the yellow peeks behind the blue a bit. I then fussy cut around the sentiment and used foam tape to adhere it to the front of the card. For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from a Papertrey Ink stamp set onto an oval die cut using a Spellbinders die. 







Here's the sentiment:


 Challenges I'm entering: 






https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (1/5; ends Dec. 7)

Word Art Wednesday (4/5 for this week; ends Dec. 7)

Festive Friday Challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-friday.blogspot.com): Several themes, but I chose flowers (3/3; ends Dec. 8)



Creations in Pink: ATG with more pink than other colors (1/3; ends Dec. 12)

Dream Valley Challenges: Lots of layers (2/3; ends Dec. 10)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card that is sure to bring comfort! Thanks for sharing at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. So pretty with all the lovely details. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a kind and lovely creation. --Thanks so much for playing along with our November Stay Crafty With a Blog Named Hero challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful map
    thanks for participating in this challenge
    greetings jolanda bongers
    DT Festive Friday

    ReplyDelete