Sunday, November 27, 2022

GD Card for The Outlawz Sunday Song & Rhyme

One of my cards was recently chosen as the Challenge Favorite over at The Outlawz Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge, and the DT graciously invited me to be a GD for the challenge starting today. The poem selected for this challenge is: 

What a wonderful bird the frog are
When he stand he sit almost;
When he hop he fly almost.
He ain't got no sense hardly;
He ain't got no tail hardly either.
When he sit, he sit on what he ain't got almost.

It's an odd sort of poem, isn't it?! But it lends itself well to froggy puns like "Hoppy birthday," so I decided to make a fun birthday card for my uncle who is 83 years young this month. 

This is a Z-fold card that I embossed using SU!'s Ringed With Nature embossing folder. The pre-colored frog digi stamp on the front of the card was generously provided to me by the challenge sponsor Mirtillamente for my GD card. I used a Close to My Heart stamp set titled "Fun Times" to stamp the tiny flies, the "Time's fun when you're having flies" sentiment, and the plain black frog inside the card. I created the "Hoppy Birthday" sentiment using Silhouette Design Studio software. I cut the ovals out using my Cameo 4. 

My next challenge was figuring out how to add a watermark to my photo of the front of the card. I have never watermarked any of my photos before, but I was asked by the DT of The Outlawz Sunday Song & Rhyme Challenge to put a watermark over my photo. I thought I had it figured out using Power Point on my laptop but then discovered I couldn't import the image into blogspot to post it on my blog (There is probably a way to do this, but after several failed attempts, I moved on to another method). I tried 3 different apps on my phone before landing on a free one called "eZy Watermark" that wasn't exactly easy for me! Still, I was eventually able to add a watermark to the photos of my card, and now I know I can do that in the future if need be. 

If you'd like to join the fun over at The Outlawz Sunday Song & Rhyme, see the link below.









Challenges I'm entering: 

Songs and Rhymes challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-sunday.blogspot.com): See poem listed in the blog post. The line I chose is the first one: "When he hop he fly almost" which goes with my "Hoppy Birthday" sentiment. 

Outlawz Challenges: Twisted Thursday: ATG 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/10; ends Dec. 7)

Outlawz Challenges: Monthly linky

 Happy Little Stampers: Birthday Challenge: ATG birthday


4 comments:

  1. Great Z gold card with that cute little frog! This is sure to make someone happy! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun birthday card. Loving the fun fold and the cute frog on the front. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute card. Amazing design.Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun design! --Thanks so much for playing along with our November Stay Crafty With a Blog Named Hero challenge!

    ReplyDelete