Friday, November 18, 2022

Warm & Cozy Newton's Nook Sketch Card

Today is a day of catching up on card challenges I've been meaning to enter but haven't had the time. There's nothing like a deadline to motivate me 😂! For this card, I followed the sketch at Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge and used one of the adorable freebies they have available. I thought the mittens worked well with my winter hat design paper, and the sentiment ties it all together well. 

I really like this sketch because I think it works great with fun design papers. They do the work for me in this card! I just sized up the free digi and did a print and cut of it using my Silhouette Cameo and then colored it with Chameleon and Copic markers before adhering it to the card with foam tape to pop it out slightly. I reversed the top paper in the sketch so the point is on the right rather than the left but otherwise followed this simple but fun sketch design exactly. 




Challenges I'm entering: 

Inky Paws Challenge: Sketch (ends Nov. 18)

Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog: Kid-friendly holiday cards 

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of words of thanks 8/8; ends Dec. 2)

Songs and Rhymes challenge (theoutlawzchallenges-sunday.blogspot.com): This line made me think of needing warm hats and mittens to brave the cold weather: 
                                                                We march through frost and snow,
But care not for the weather
As on our way we go.

5 comments:

  1. This NND freebie works wonderfully with the pattern paper! So cute! So glad you shared this with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers you used! The mittens go so perfectly with them! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how beautifully the image pairs with that fun patterned paper! Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic sentiment with these awesome papers! Love the little hat and mittens! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card! Thank you for sharing with Outlawz Songs and Rhymes!

    ReplyDelete