Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Psalm 69:30 Fan Fold Card

I really enjoy fun fold cards, and I was thrilled to see this fan fold card file posted in my Silhouette Card Making and Paper Crafts group by Nicky Viner. The original file is a bit taller than I wanted for my envelopes, so I resized the file to fit an A2 envelope. 

The verse I chose for this set of cards for the shut ins at my church is Psalm 69:30. The full verse reads: I will praise God's name in song and glorify Him with thanksgiving (NIV). Isn't that a fitting verse for this season of Thanksgiving when we should be especially mindful of thanking God for all our many blessings? I love the quote: "Our lives should be full of both thanks and giving." Both should be motivated by all God has done for us in Christ. 

I chose some fall-colored papers for these cards:






Here's what the card looks like when flat: 


I added a panel to the back for a message:





Here's the size difference between the original file and the resized version I made:






Challenges I'm entering: 
 

Cut It Up (cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com): Thanks or Thanksgiving (1/1; ends Nov. 16)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with option of fun fold

Anything Goes With a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #45 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold Top Pick Winner ll/25; I chose the Whale Done SU! stamp set as my prize; stamp set arrived 1/7/23

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Thanks/Thanksgiving (2/5; ends Nov. 21)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of fall colors (5/6; ends Dec. 4)

The Diva's that cut ....paper!: Birch Press for an "Anything Goes" November (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): ATG using die cuts (including those made on cutting machines like my Silhouette Cameo 4) (3/4; ends Nov. 30)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of words of thanks 6/8; ends Dec. 2)

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card for an even better cause! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very pretty! I like that fold.
    Thank you for sharing your cards with us at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cards!! Love the fabulous card fold and the pretty papers you used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards and thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty fun fold cards, Carrie! I just adore that fold and the papers are wonderful, too! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unit fold. I love the Fall colors. Happy Thanksgiving. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, I've never seen this fold. I need to try it soon! Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #45. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fan fold card. I too have never made one. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see your lovely artwork back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete