Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Avo Great Birthday Corner Pop Up Card

A month or so ago I saw a four-panel card over at the Creative Creases challenge, and when I clicked on the card to get more details, I learned about the Butterfly Challenge where a fun-fold card style is paired with certain colors and a theme (and the addition of at least one butterfly) each time. Since I love fun-fold cards, I was intrigued and checked out the detailed instructions on loads of great fun-fold cards given on the blog. Every card style chosen has an explanation for how to create it. This is the first time I've been able to participate, and it was easy to follow the instructions to create this Corner Pop Up card. If you'd like to see how to make a similar card, here's a link to the directions: Butterfly Challenge: Corner Pop Up Card. (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com)

For my card, I needed to use at least two of the following colors: crimson, citron, coral, and camel. My design paper had everything but camel, so I colored my tortilla chips and the guacamole bowl using that color. 

I created the card base out of white card stock and then covered all the panels with double-sided paper. I chose the paper because it fit with the Taco Fiesta stamp set by Stampin' Up! that I wanted to use for this birthday card and also because the reverse side has checks on it, and that's the theme at the Butterfly challenge this time. 

My butterflies were foiled using my mini Minc machine, and it was actually the first time I used the machine since getting it at Christmas. To be honest, I wasn't 100% pleased with the results I got. I used foils made for the Minc and a butterfly kit by Heidi Swapp (again made to be used in the Minc), but I found that the butterflies came out with spots the foil didn't adhere to (especially the larger butterflies). I put the two best ones on this card and will try to use the other ones with some other embellishments to cover the flaws, but on the whole, I don't know if I'll use the machine much in the future. I bought it for $5 at a craft outlet because it has a European plug (no problem since I have an adapter), so at least I'm not out much for the machine itself. I paid more for the foils and butterfly kit than for the machine 😄, so it was definitely worth a try. 









 Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): Corner Pop up Card with butterflies, checks, crimson, citron, coral, and camel Special Prize Winner March 8, 2023

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG

Word Art Wednesday: ATG 

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite: Stencil or Freestyle Background: I like both, but my favorite is creating my own background using stamps like I did on the inside of this card by stamping avocados onto light green cardstock and then coloring them. I can come up with random patterns that way. 

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG 

Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of matching pairs 

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: fun fold card Thing 3: entered Creative Creases

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Things with wings

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #51 (secretstamper.com): Happy 2nd anniversary!

28 comments:

  1. A really colourful card and unusual fold, many thanks for sharing with us at this weeks Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely fold! A bright and cheerful card. Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge this week.
    I have resisted getting into foiling...but watch many videos on it trying to decide. Word is that the black spots can be dust on the card stock and that an extra card shim can help, too. Last heard that you might want to try going through a bit hotter at 3 or four. Try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Carrie! This is a beautiful corner pop-up card! I love punny sentiments so this is so much fun! I have not been able to try this fold yet but hope to get back to the Butterfly Challenges soon - she always has such fun challenges! Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU for your prayers and for your thoughtful and kind comment on my blog last month when I was unwell. I think I am starting to feel better but I still have some vertigo. I love praying for people, and am always so grateful when someone prays for me, so your prayers are very much appreciated! Wishing you a wonderful day! Sending hugs and well wishes from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words! I’ll keep praying for the Lord to heal you completely of the vertigo that’s still bothering you.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Carrie! I'm so glad you are back in the gallery with a beautiful fun fold card! This technique is on my short list to try next! Love the cute images and fun papers. Thank you for playing at Double Trouble and our Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carrie and welcome to the Butterfly challenge so happy that you have come along to play. Love your card and how you have used all the colours required. I in turn have just spotted a New challenge advertised on your blog. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. No butterflies seen yet but the bulbs are all coming up fast and furious. Hugs Mrs A. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mrs. A! I am so delighted to have found your challenge and all your wonderful instructions for fun fold cards!

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous "fun fold" card, so beautifully done!
    Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the fun fold of this card and the little taco saying holy guacamole. Makes me smile. Thank you for sharing and for taking part in the polkadoodles digi choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, holy guacamole you've created a fun card! Until today I had never seen this fold before,,, I'm definitely going to have to try it. Thank you for the info on Butterfly Challenge site! Will have to check them out since they sound like a great place to get ideas! But an even bigger thank you for sharing your creation with us at Double Trouble for our fun-fold/flowers challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! Hope you find some great card design ideas!

      Delete
  9. Wow! Another new fun fold design for me to try. Your papers are such fun as well, Carrie. Thank you for sharing at Double Trouble Challenge #132.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous fold and fun card with your stamped background..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the fun fold and the papers. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is so much flexibility with patterned papers and embellishments to this fun fold card... love your combination of images and patterned papers... very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another cool corner pop up! I have never seen these until this challenge. And this one is so cute! Love the papers. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colourful fun card and papers,another fabulous fold too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete