Friday, February 10, 2023

Love Verses Double Door Pop Up Cards

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create a set of fun fold cards for the women in my Bible Study Fellowship discussion group. The Word Art Wednesday blog currently has a lovely verse that I thought would be perfect for the front of my cards. All the beautiful scripture word art at Word Art Wednesday is free, and I have used a lot of verses from that blog in my cards over the years. I chose another verse from Creative Fabrica for the inside of the card that also goes with the theme of showing love. 

I recently created a cut file for this Double Door Pop Up card design in my Sihouette Design Studio software using instructions from Lisa Curcio's video and blog post here:Surprise & Delight with this Double Door Pop Up Birthday Card (lisasstampstudio.com).  If you'd like to see another version of this card design, I shared one with pop up sloths here: Carrie's Custom Cards: I Love You Slow Much Card (carriescustomcards.blogspot.com)

I chose some pretty Valentine-themed papers and then cut out the card bases and layers and did a print and cut of the verses. I assembled the cards and then die cut some hearts using the smallest Gina Marie Stitched Heart die from that set. I added a couple die cut hearts to the outside of each card and a few ruby-colored gems to the inside to embellish them. The women in my group loved them! I didn't sign them so they could pass them along to anyone the Lord puts on their hearts who may need a handmade card as an encouragement this week. Valentine's Day can be hard for many people, and shifting the focus from romantic love to Christian love can be a blessing for those who are single or widowed or getting over a breakup. 


Here's a look at the card when fully closed and when fully opened:


A closeup of the verse from Word Art Wednesday:


The card when the top flap is lifted and the doors start to open:



The inner flap opening;




The inner flap up all the way:


 Challenges I'm entering:

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Use a die cut (1/5; ends Feb. 9)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Love is in the air (3/5; ends Feb. 14)

Challenge – Dare 2B Artzy Blog: Love (3/3; ends at the end of the month)


Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): Inspiration photo shows hearts and indicates the couple is in love. My card also has hearts on it and is about love: 




Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; ends Feb. 15)

Creative Knockouts: Love is in the Air (2/3; ends Feb. 16) C10


No more challenges

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, I love the way it looks closed, then such a neat surprise when open. Love all the different papers together too! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun opening all those layers to reach a special message - beautiful! So glad you joined our "Love is in the Air" challenge at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card - the fun fold is a great one! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a cool fold! The verses are lovely, Thanks for playing along at the Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful fun fold card, Carrie! I have no doubt that this card was loved by your group!! Beautiful papers, too. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, another unique and beautiful fold. Your creations are so inspirational. Thank you for entering our Creative Creases challenge this round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so cute. The papers used are beautiful and what a neat trick! Thanks for sharing with the Inspiration Station!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card. I have never seen this design. Must try. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete