Saturday, February 18, 2023

Embossed Birthday Card

My new year's resolution was to use more of the craft supplies I already own rather than purchasing more, and I haven't done all that well with that resolution in terms of not buying any new toys (I literally just bought a We R Memory Keepers Foil Quill set to use with my Silhouette Cameo earlier this week😂), but I've also been slowly but surely breaking out stamps, dies, embossing folders, and other supplies I hadn't used before. This card uses an embossing folder I won over at Inspiration Station (thanks, Donna!) called 3D Textured Impressions by Sizzix. Isn't it gorgeous?! Honestly it's a bit of a shame to cover up any of that great pattern! But I needed to make this a birthday card, so I stamped the sentiment and the two frames from Stampin' Up's Framed Florets bundle and then die cut a couple leafy embellishments out of white card stock coverd in metallic gold duct tape from Stampin' Up's Splendid Thoughts bundle. It's a bit busy, but I'm not entering it in any CAS challenges, so I think it will be okay😁. I'm terrible at CAS but want to work on that because I love the artistry of a well-done CAS card. 






 Challenges I'm entering: 

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Emboss it (5/5; ends Feb. 22)

https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge: Frame it (1/5; ends Feb. 20)

TIME OUT Challenges: Birthday (2/5; ends March 1) C5

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; ends March 1)

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous birthday card. love that embossed background! Thanks so much for celebrating with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Birthday card Carrie... Just perfect for our celebration. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete