Sunday, February 26, 2023

St. Patrick's Day Swing Card

This year for my St. Patrick's Day cards, I purchased a file for a swing card by My Scrap Chick and modified the cut file slightly in my Silhouette Studio Design software. I did some print and cut designs (the sentiments on the card came with the My Scrap Chick file, but the cat with the shamrock balloon is from Creative Fabrika). If you'd like to try the cut file in your electronic cutting maching, here's a link to the file at My Scrap Chick: Shamrock Circle Flip Card - My Scrap Chick

I like to make matching envelopes for my holiday cards, so I chose a cute St. Patrick's Day gnome shared by Sabine Harris in my Silhouette Card Making and Paper Craft FB group and a sentiment from Creative Fabrika and printed them on the envelopes. I made 140 of these cards for my mom to send to her group of people she cheers up at each holiday, and I made another 30 for people I like to send to (shut ins, the women in my Bible study group, friends, etc.). For the ones I'm going to give out in person, I added some pearls in various shades of green. The pearls were from Top Flight Stamps where I won a $25 gift card over at the Word Art Wednesday challenge. I bought several different colors of pearls, rhinestones, etc. to embellish my cards. Thanks, WAW and Top Flight Stamps! 









Here's a look at the back of the card. I decided to add more designer paper because otherwise it seemed a little plain with just the white:



Here's the same card using different designer papers:








 Challenges I'm entering: 

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: fun fold; Thing 2: Entered Creative Creases challenge



The Paper Shelter: Inspired by a book: There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Clover (if you like the Black Lagoon series by Jared Lee, you'll enjoy the illustrations in this children's book as Jared Lee did a phenomenal job with them!)




https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/; ATG

Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of matching pairs (my card has matching circles)




19 comments:

  1. Two fun cards although you do not say which is for Allsorts, many thanks for linking up though.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda. They are the same card style, so I only made one blog post even though I used different design paper for them.

      Delete
  2. Carrie, I always enjoy your fun folds. Thank you for playing again at Creative Creases.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! CC is one of my favorite challenges since I always find new ideas for beautiful fun fold cards there!

      Delete
  3. Carrie both cards are so much fun, I love the papers and the flip style design, Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge we hope you will join in again.
    Happy Crafting
    Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Swing cards, Carrie! I love the images here for St. Patty's Day! Thank you for playing at Double Trouble and our Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, what a fun St. Patrick's Day card using the swing fold! I like all the papers you chose for the holiday, and the fact the card is interactive!! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous interactive card, Carrie! I love the St. Paddy's theme that you used with the pretty papers. Thank you for sharing at Double Trouble Challenge #132.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun swing card Carrie…front and back decorated perfectly

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 7 Digi Choosday challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this fold and that you also decorated your envelope... adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases 2nd Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool! I haven't seen one of these folds in a long time! You made them perfect. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete