Thursday, December 31, 2015

Get Well Box Card

This week at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our "twist" is Anything Goes! I love that theme, don't you?! It's so fun to see what everyone's been up to during their craft time!
Although I'm posting this card on New Year's Eve (best wishes for a wonderful 2016, by the way!), I made this card earlier in the month to give to the 5-year-old daughter of a dear friend. She had some surgery recently, and I want to visit her and give her this card to help cheer her up.
Our sponsor for the month of December has been the lovely Sherri Baldy whose "Besties" are so popular. You can visit her etsy store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/SherriBaldy. She created a darling nurse with a lollipop that I thought was just perfect for a little girl's card. I used a cut file from the Silhouette Online Store for the box card and substituted a stethoscope I had in my library of digi stamps and cut files for the owl that came with the box card file. I just thought it seemed more appropriate for a Get Well card.
Then I printed the nurse 3 times so she is on all the flaps. I forgot to print her upside down the first time, so when I went to adhere her, she was facing the wrong way! I'll have to remember that for next time!
I added the "Happy Healing" sentiment onto the cut file for the sides of the box and printed that on pink cardstock, also. The bandaid and "Get Well" sign were part of the original cut file for the box card, so I just chose my colors and cut them out.

Here's a side view:
And a view from above:
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 
 
Simply Papercraft - 2WE3 - No. 20 (W2 of 2) - Always Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - 2W, C10 – No.51 - Anything Goes
 
Crafty Friends Challenge 2W,(W2) - anything goes 
Allsorts W,3E anything but Christmas week 2 
Love to Scrap - 2W, 3E, F, digi or real stamping - (Week 2) Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - W, E3 - Always Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - W, E3 - Always Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown W- #274 -  Anything Goes - runs till Jan 4
Tuesday Morning Sketches  #332 - Anything Goes (week 2)
Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E - Always Anything Goes
Retarte 2W, E3 - #68 - Anything Goes  (Week 1)  
Deep Ocean Challenge 2W - #119 - Anything Goes (runs till Jan 11)
Creative Card Crew 2W - #103 Anything Goes (week 2)
WordArt Wednesdays - W,5E , scriptural word art freebie offered each week - #216 Anything Goes  Challenge Runs 2 Weeks
Inspiration Destination - W, F- #66 Always Anything Goes
House That Stamps Built - W, SIO, 4 challenges at the same time starting each Wednesday weeks  - Anything Goes
DoubleClick Skittles - 2W, E1, F -  #38  Something New  (Week 2 of 2) New Card Technique (making a box card)
Crafty Gals Corner -  W, E2 - #52 Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks W #279 Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge 2W,E3 Anything Goes (W1 of 2)
C.R.A.F.T. W,5E #344 Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations 2W,3E Always Anything Goes
Crimbo Crackers 2W #97 Anything Goes (W1 of 2)
DL ART Thursday Challenge 2W,2nd & 4th Thurs,3E #171 New Year (W2 of 2) Monthy Challenge: Always Anything Goes












12 comments:

  1. So cute, great Get Well card, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can imagine how much this was loved by your young recipient, Carrie! I've never made a box card and yours is so nice that I might just have to try one. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for a 5 year old, Carrie! I'm sure she was thrilled when she received this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, this is so sweet! Your card box looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Carrie, a brilliant design and lovely details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous box Carrie, I'm sure your friend's daughter will be thrilled! Thank you for stopping by at my blog and it's a real pleasure to become a follower of yours. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great box! Sherri Baldy's images are so fun to incorporate into playful projects. I'm sure the little girl loved receiving this get well treat! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower...I've just started following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Carrie and your box, they are so much fun to make and it is endless what you can add to them. The theme is so much fun and love your Band-Aid. The besties image is so cute.
    Hugs Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie. What a cute box project. Love the details and colors. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It' s a beautiful and original box.
    Happy New Year, thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
    Good luck.
    Yaiza( Stampartpapel DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hermosa Cajita! gracias por participar con nosotras en RETARTE de Stampartpapel... Feliz semana...

    ReplyDelete