Friday, December 18, 2015

Glitter in My Kitchen Teacup Card


I think this will be the last of the warm beverage cards I make for the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop. First, the hop ends at midnight tonight, and second, I think I have finally exhausted my supply of free cocoa/tea/coffee digi stamps! I was thinking about making another card with some my clear stamps, but I think I probably need to finish wrapping gifts and getting my Christmas cards addressed instead! This is my first time participating in the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop, and it's been a lot of fun. I joined their FB page and have been enjoying all the fun posts is week. I may have gone a little overboard with 12 entries, but there are just so many great images out there to use!
So this particular great image is a free digi stamp from Char K's blog http://glitterinmykitchen.blogspot.org. Thanks, Char! I love that "Home is where my teacup is" sentiment!
After importing the digi to my Silhouette Design Studio program and sizing it up, I did a print of it and then die cut it with a Spellbinders Opulent Ovals die. I then colored it and mounted it with foam squares unto a piece of snowman patterned paper die cut with Spellbinders Long Scalloped Rectangles. I embossed a 5x7 card base with a Cuttlebug folder and then mounted my patterned paper and digi in the middle.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop
http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/
Simon Says Stamp - W, 5E - Die Crazy
 Verve Blog: A cup of kindness
http://www.vervestamps.blogspot.com/:
Pile it On: ATG Christmas or Winter
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/12/pile-it-on-98-anything-christmaswinter.html

14 comments:

  1. Nice creation - I love tea! Have a blessed day! Oh and Coffee too! And Hot Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv all those little snowmen in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the tricky coloring around the letters! I made this really big originally and then realized later when it's sized down, it's hard to do! But you did and I love your bg paper and the oval die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. forgot the word "great" to you did great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! Love what you did with the digi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Carrie, love Charks digital cup and how you colored it! Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fun way of using this doodled cup!
    Wonderful card.
    Happy holiday to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. darling..love it teamed up with the cute snowman paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your snowman design paper, along with all the pretty die-cuts layers around your coffee cup and cookie. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet teacup and the sentiment is heartwarming. Love that little snowman paper and the polka dot embossing. Darling card. Bev

    ReplyDelete